Hunting by boat in SE or SW Idaho.... Info please..

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Hunting by boat in SE or SW Idaho.... Info please..

Postby feathershot » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:37 pm

I am coming up to hunt this weekend, and bringing my boat, and I was wondering if someone would email me and let me know some spots near Hagerman that would be pretty good for the duck and goose hunting on the Snake Rvr...?

I have family in Idaho Falls, and I have a lease on three-hundred acres of prime duck huting land in Roberts, just north of IF, which is awesome but the slough is currently froze over from the cold weather we had last month.... I will trade some hunts when it thaws, or next season if someonw is interested in pointing me in the right direction on the RVR.

Thanks..

FS
feathershot
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:28 am

I am from the Idaho Panhandle and have only hunted the Snake once with others...

I don't know any spots but I will tell you that you need to be careful. The Snake is a big, wide river that can be deceiving because under the water you can go from 100' to 6" deep in a heartbeat. Rock shelves are a culprit and many have banged up outboards this way. It is definitely runnable but it helps to know where the channel and shelves are so that you don't screw up your motor.

Hope you find a spot to hunt.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby feathershot » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:47 pm

Thanks!!!

Got back tonight from Hagerman... Limited both days..

That Snake River sure is beautiuful in that neck of the woods...

Thanks again for your reply HH..

FS
feathershot
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting