Great Hunt on the Boise?? Really it happend

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Postby 28duckman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:17 pm

IMG012.jpg
Went out this morning and was out until about 12:30, left with 3 greenheads, 1 drake shovler and should have had a limit if i could shoot worth a hoot. Nice to finally have a good hunt. Few birds and the cold helped for sure. Pics to come. Missed 2 big northern greenheads at 20 yards at first light still kicking myself. Hope everyone is getting out and getting after it, time is winding down already...sucks
28duckman
hunter

Postby Squishy » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:21 pm

We've been seeing big numbers of mallards near the Boise. Nice pic!!!
The dog Cursan's Perfect Limit JH
The gun Beretta AL390 (Snake River Arms custom)
The call Echo XLT
Squishy
hunter

Re: Great Hunt on the Boise?? Really it happend

Postby znewc14 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Squishy wrote:We've been seeing big numbers of mallards near the Boise. Nice pic!!!

Does the Boise River have any public blinds anywhere? Im new to the area and im limited on travel so i need to stay close.
Another thing, do you go north or south on the river? Ive been checking some places but with no lucki and close to houses....which is no good

:help:

any help would be appreciated
znewc14
hunter

Postby 28duckman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Public access on a couple of places. On the north side lanesing lane has hunting access. Mile down from that there is midland access from the south and both places have lots of pressure and good luck with puddles everywere now. Who knows havent hunted it for a bit. Hope you find it google maps show ya right were to go. Good luck.
28duckman
hunter

Postby znewc14 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:02 pm

28duckman wrote:Public access on a couple of places. On the north side lanesing lane has hunting access. Mile down from that there is midland access from the south and both places have lots of pressure and good luck with puddles everywere now. Who knows havent hunted it for a bit. Hope you find it google maps show ya right were to go. Good luck.

Thanks a lot! I'll have to check this spot this week/end. I'll let you know how it goes :bow:
znewc14
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting