great weekend for the last of the season

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

great weekend for the last of the season

Postby rikasam » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Got a true triple on mallards today to end the season. 13 total for the weekend, sure wish the weather had come a few weeks earlier!!!! All in all not too bad a season for me though, just different.
triple jump1.jpg
rikasam
hunter

Re: great weekend for the last of the season

Postby mojocoot » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Nicely done. There were definitely some good numbers of birds around this weekend. Wish i could say i had the same experience, but trespassers and sky busters made this a weekend to forget. Guess some people think rules and ethics don't apply on the last weekend of the year. Oh well, time for skiing and ice fishing now.
mojocoot
hunter

Re: great weekend for the last of the season

Postby waveslider » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Guess some people think rules and ethics don't apply on the last weekend of the year.

Boy isn't that just the truth. We made 4 calls to the 1-800 number this weekend alone. I'm not sure if it was just me being tired of seeing it all season and just decided enough was enough, or just more people out breaking the law.

Watching 2 Bobcats get spotlit and shot out the window of a pickup truck on a public road chapped my behind though....
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting