this years season

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

this years season

Postby G-eye_die » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:05 pm

how has your guys season been? mines been pretty slow scrapped a few limits earlier but it got tough so i resorted to goldeneyes buffleheads and coots :tongue:
G-eye_die
hunter

Re: this years season

Postby band killer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:27 pm

Had an okay season untill about early mid dec. Then it just went down hill. Couple good days with the weather at the end but all in all a pretty dissapointing season for how hard we hunted.
band killer
hunter

Postby mtbaughs » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Pretty poor season on my end as well. I attribute 80% of it to the water levels being too high on the rivers and 20% to the weather. The birds were around, but the river banks, smaller islands, and bars were all under water or near it all season long.
mtbaughs
hunter

Postby broncodan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Well it was my first season ever duck hunting, so i don’t know the normal, but i think i did pretty well. I went out probably five times in January. I ended the season with 5 mallards 1 teal and i goose. My second duck ever was a banded duck! I saw the band and it read 2007 with the initials MD so i thought it was a 2007 duck from Maryland but when i called it was a September 2011 duck from Nampa. But I know that’s bands are hard to come by and getting one early in my career is almost unheard of. So i was pretty happy with my season but i already can’t wait for next year and the weather and stream flows that everyone has been talking about!
broncodan
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting