Near grand view this past WED?

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Near grand view this past WED?

Postby mtbaughs » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Came across a red/maroon Chevy or GMC opposite side of the river from us. Looked to be 1990 or new model year. Looked like a father driving and a son jumping out of the truck to walk a few feet and sky bust. Saw him shoot at a duck that was at least 100+ yards over head. His gun was nearly pointed straight up. As I passed by the son opposite side of the river he pointed his shot gun straight at me and shot at a bird flying straight down the river well out of range even with me yelling and throwing my arms up just before ducking for cover. He had no dog with him. I watched them drive back up the road only to stop several more times to jump shoot leaving the dead ducks floating down the river. I counted 4 birds float past us. Your lucky I couldn't make out your license plate or get to the other side of the river before you left but I did pass your truck and put faces to memory earlier in the day. If I catch that kind of thing going on again you can be sure that I will report you to F&G! Your a very poor example of a sportsman
mtbaughs
hunter

Re: Near grand view this past WED?

Postby cutm Jack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:36 pm

Ya more and more people from Boise making there way down there... Definately not like it used to be.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby mtbaughs » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Doubt that being from Boise has anything to do with it :huh: but rather a lack of a good mentor at one point in time
mtbaughs
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Why cause your from Boise? I don't understand you people that drive an hour an a half to shoot ducks, when in all reality you can shoot just as many ducks twenty minutes from your house. Every year I see more skyblasting, crowding and crappy calling and the only common theme is more 1A licesne plates.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:14 pm

:lol: hmm i live in boise and GV is 45 minutes away from my house. welcome to hunting the snake river buddy :fingerhead:
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby mtbaughs » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:55 pm

cutm Jack wrote:Why cause your from Boise? I don't understand you people that drive an hour an a half to shoot ducks, when in all reality you can shoot just as many ducks twenty minutes from your house. Every year I see more skyblasting, crowding and crappy calling and the only common theme is more 1A licesne plates.

Says the guy that grew up in California and moved to Mountain Home 4 years ago or so...I'd stop acting like a seasoned local who thinks they own a section of river being that your far newer to that stretch of river than I am. About 24 years newer :fingerhead:

If you want to cry about things getting crowded feel free to cry, it's getting that way everywhere and trust me you being a veteran of that area for 4 years, have no idea of what that area 'use' to be.
mtbaughs
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:20 pm

IMGP0193[1].jpg
IMGP0193[1].jpg
IMGP0193[1].jpg
Ya good one A1 (Acer). I don't care how long you have lived here some of you people especially the Acers hunt ducks like crap. So what i'm from Cali I shot more ducks there than you will ever call at. I'm pretty sure I know what i'm doin though and call it like I see it. I'd rather walk five miles through hell and hunt ducks where I dont have to hear jackwagons make me want to rip my ears out with there crappy calling and skyblasting. BTW I have only lived here for four years but when you "seasoned locals" are bitchin about the season especially the last week being horrible I was out there scoutin and doin work! Proof is posted of my last week of the season and ya it was public ground. Enjoy the off season...
Attachments
mallys1[1].jpg
IMGP0218[1].jpg
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:40 pm

the fact that u posted those pictures is not helping your cause one bit :help: . youve just alerted all the internet scouters and lurkers of your success in the area. you would think a guy that has 'shot more ducks than we have all called at' would have more common sense than that :no: :rolleyes: .. and way to post the same picture 3 times. your not fooling anyone Cali-Boy :huh:
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:14 pm

I just got done sayin' I would walk through hell to find ducks so let the lurkers find out where I hunt. The Acers and lurkers know about Grandview so what do I care. I scout hard to find the ducks and obviously I have proof that I do work. My bad about being computer iliterate guess I was to busy shootin greenheads to care. BTW I didn't see YOUR pics ACER.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby broncodan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Well i know where i will make an apperance next year...somewhat out of spite because of your hate to the guys from boise ... but also to kill ducks
broncodan
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Wow here's a shocker my bro lives in Nampa and I came down to ACER land to shoot ducks to show that you guys are idiots for driving down so far to try and shoot ducks. My bro is a killer like me and does work up there. Look close at those pics and find flooded timber on the snake those ducks obviously weren't floatin away.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:58 pm

:hi: Cali-Boy 1) go back to california where u belong 2) :fingerpt: perhaps you should check out my thread called "past two seasons in review" just posted this week. here i bumped it up for you to look at some of my recent hunts :tongue: .
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 pm

also, ACER isnt even degrading or demeaning to us Boiseans, in fact i kinda like it :thumbsup: . nice try though
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby TROB » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:07 pm

InTheDecoys wrote::hi: Cali-Boy 1) go back to california where u belong 2) :fingerpt: perhaps you should check out my thread called "past two seasons in review" just posted this week. here i bumped it up for you to look at some of my recent hunts :tongue: .

I saw that post, Nice pics but I didn't think it was all that impressive for two years of hunting highlights (normally I wouldn't mention that, but you brought it up like we should be impressed). Grandview was crappy every time i went there this year anyways. I guarantee that Jack didn't shoot all those mallards in grandview.
Last edited by TROB on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:13 pm

I'll give you credit for the pics nice work, I didn't get on here to have a pissin contest. I just think you should learn the area where you live inside and out and shoot ducks there, instead of goin to a place your not familiar with and mess things up for the people that do. Time and time again people show up past shoot time, hunt too close, and call to much and most times when I check there rig out its a 1A plate. This is not a rant and i'm not one to bitch but I reached my breaking point today.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:17 pm

cool story TROB :huh: . those were 7 hunts out of 90 the past two years. the only thing that matters is that my thread is more impressive than Cali-Boy's 3 pictures in this one
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Thanks TROB i'm pretty sure I have enough highlights from this year to overwhelm the masses... I don't post it cause I dont care I only care about killin ducks. I only post pics to shut people up. Acer wasn't meant to be derogatory it's a pet name me and my boys made up for jackasses from Boise that are a walkin cabelas add who can't kill ducks. If you like being an acer more power to you.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Cool two years are more impressive than my last three days. I couldn't fit my last two seasons worth of pics on here!!!!
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:33 pm

me either. got that bander in my last 3 days :grooving:
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby TROB » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:15 pm

I think someone got 2 bands this week...just sayin' :lol3:
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:27 pm

who
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby mtbaughs » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:30 pm

There's someone from every county in the state that acts a fool. Boise is likely a pretty high offender of these occurrences simply due to the shear number of hunters from 1A verses other counties but when you paint all the hunters in Boise as idiots ruining your day it's going to rub some people the wrong way as it simply isn't true that all 1A hunters are out to ruin your day as much as it may seem that way. Last year I had new goose floaters out and a guy from twin falls fired right into them off the bank behind me thinking he scored a couple nice geese. I didn't run my mouth about all the people from twin falls being ignorant hunters though I did think it was amusing that he stalked my fake birds in after thought; or when I showed up to a boat ramp o dark thirty and see some fool parked his rig right in the launch trailer attached to block everyone's access. After a few very choice words I took the time to educate the guy. I left a note on the rig as a peaceful way to help educate them.

I could have thrown down with the guy from twin falls for punching holes in two of my new floaters, or dragged the guys rig out of the boat launch, and let the air out of his tires but than I'd be sinking to a level I don't want to be at. If you choose that route be careful, maybe the guy your messing with is much like myself and he carries a 40 S&W side arm in case some idiot decides his day was ruined for the last time by someone from 1A and thinks about taking it out on some random 1A rig while its unattended. Don't be that guy. It isn't worth it the potential consequences. A lot of us are out trying to enjoy the same thing and when you take on that mentality your going to lose every time.

I don't always end up alone on the river and if I run into someone within 400 yards of where I set out to be I go somewhere else. The river gets more and more busy in each passing year and from the sound of it you work to find the opportunities in out of the way places much like I do. If you have an issue with a particular person from a particular area peacefully address it with that person, don't stoop to being so ignorant to think that a persons home town determines their ethics as a sportsman. Even better, take the time to mentor those around you and give back some of the satisfaction you've gained in learning how to do things right so that others can follow.
mtbaughs
hunter

Postby TROB » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:43 am

InTheDecoys wrote:who

The person you keep trying to one-up....(jack).
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:54 am

:hammer:
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby twsnow18 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:22 am

ladies ladies how about this. i'm 20 years old, second season duck hunting and shot more ducks than all of you this season. some of you guys were saying it was unethical and complaining, sending me messages to take my count down so I did. Almost every one of them was FINISHING in my cheap craigslist special hotbuy spread. and i don't even know how to blow a duck call yet. AND i have 1A plates :) no sky busting here, me and my hunting buddy have so much free time on our hands we could out shoot almost anyone on here anyway. how's that for a pissing contest?
How to start an argument online:

1. State an opinion.
2. Then wait.
twsnow18
hunter

Next

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting