Near grand view this past WED?

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Re: Near grand view this past WED?

Postby goosepond » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:10 am

Ya know, Im not from the Boise area and really dont care how many ducks you do shot over that way or any where, but, Ive posted up before about the numbers of birds that folks post on here as giving fodder for the F&G and Feds to make a visit to folks houses to see how many birds one has in possession. I am not saying that anyone shot more than they were supposed to in one day. But, believe me, they have used pics like the ones you guys are bragging over as PC to visit and look as to how many birds you have in your possession. I know there is a gifting law etc etc, but, if you dont think, and Ive said it before and it has happened, that those pics and numbers and the bragging have brought the officials you dont want into your homes, Id just suggest that ya stop posting pics like you have been doing and stop the bragging about just how many birds you have shot in one season. Might just bring ya a visit from some one you dont want.

Just postng up FYI.
goosepond
hunter

Postby twsnow18 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:55 am

funny thing is my hunting partner's father is a fish and game big wig, very high up. in fact, theres a very very high chance you have met him as well as many many others on this board, in one way or another. in short, we don't just follow the rules, we know them.
How to start an argument online:

1. State an opinion.
2. Then wait.
twsnow18
hunter

Postby id.remwingmaster » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:38 pm

cutm Jack wrote:Wow here's a shocker my bro lives in Nampa and I came down to ACER land to shoot ducks to show that you guys are idiots for driving down so far to try and shoot ducks. My bro is a killer like me and does work up there. Look close at those pics and find flooded timber on the snake those ducks obviously weren't floatin away.

crap son, typical out of stater, no respect for anyone of the state they moved to cause idaho is obviously better! and who cares how many you "killed"? is killing all its about? your a punk that may be a adult, but has got some serious growing up to do....

and yes coming from a 17 year old kid....
id.remwingmaster
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:31 am

I have plenty of respect for the land that i'm hunting and for people that hunt right, however I don't respect people that show up late, skybust, and call so loud it scares every duck on the river. Ya killing is pretty much what's it's all about... I don't spend thousands of dollars on gas, decoys and shells to bird watch, if I wanted to do that i'd go fishing and have a nice warm fire and some beer. Kudos to the people that are stoked about killing a couple of birds an outing i'm just not one of them.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby whiskerbiscuit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:35 am

Some very ignorant people in this thread.
whiskerbiscuit
hunter

Postby id.remwingmaster » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:34 pm

thosands of dollars on gas?? hey now what happened to hunting 20 minuets from home? i woulcnt think that would amount to Thousands of dollars... and if killing is all its about, then why hunt? because if killing is all its about i doubt you do anything with the birds but throw them away when ya get home... yeah "harvesting" is fun, and limmits isnt what its all about. people like you and saying "killing is all its about" publicly is the reason why we got butt heads out there wanting to ban hunting from us who have ethics.
id.remwingmaster
hunter

Postby idduckhntr2 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 pm

cutm Jack wrote:I have plenty of respect for the land that i'm hunting and for people that hunt right, however I don't respect people that show up late, skybust, and call so loud it scares every duck on the river. Ya killing is pretty much what's it's all about... I don't spend thousands of dollars on gas, decoys and shells to bird watch, if I wanted to do that i'd go fishing and have a nice warm fire and some beer. Kudos to the people that are stoked about killing a couple of birds an outing i'm just not one of them.

You my friend, are not a 'hunter'. Killing is not what it's all about and you are one of those people that is turning this sport upside down. Yes, it's nice to go out and shoot a limit of birds but that's definetly not what it's all about.
idduckhntr2
hunter

Postby TROB » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:22 pm

i think he meant that hunting, by typical definition, means "primarily trying to kill". Hunting involves a lot more than that, but the primary aspect is pursuing game and trying to harvest it. I don't think he meant that he only goes out to cut birds down. I say that because he hunts over decoys, he puts in more time scouting and finding the birds than anyone ive ever met, and we have had plenty of fun trips where we didn't get limits. It's just fun being out there, but we work hard to give ourselves the best chance of a limit.

i think you guys are misunderstanding what he's saying and it's turned into a bit of a snowball effect. :fingerhead: He's a good dude, but he will tell you when something pisses him off. :lol3:

I think everyone in this thread has more important things to do rather than deal with drama on a freaking online chat forum....go fishing or something. :hammer:
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby G-eye_die » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:08 pm

TAKE THOSE PICTURES OFF NOW! :mad:
G-eye_die
hunter

Postby TROB » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:18 pm

G-eye_die wrote:TAKE THOSE PICTURES OFF NOW! :mad:

Why? :huh:
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Probably cause he's jealous... Look at some of his posts says " he's been shooting coots". I'm not taking them down.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Pissing contest is over
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Previous

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting