Duck Hunting Forum banner

Used gear needed for Vets

758 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Squishy 
#1 ·
Before I go any further please hear me out before forming an opinion. Some of you may know me. I am Dusty Johns and I went by 7grnhds on the "other" forum.

We are starting up the Boise, Idaho chapter of Hunters Helping Soldiers. (www.HuntersHelpingSoldiers.org). I can't begin to explain how important this is to me. Since I returned from my second deployment, I've been involved in several Vet organizations. But it hasn't been enough. I have this deep desire to help my fellow war-time Veterans. It looks to me as though this is how I should be doing it. By getting them out and doing things. Fishing, hunting, dog training, building habitat, and numerous other activities. I know what Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and PTSD can do to a person. I can't imagine how losing mobility, a leg, or arm would be. We can't let our defenders of freedom, our heroes, and our nation's finest sit inside looking out the window wishing they were out there.

I am asking all of you to please think of helping while you are putting your gear away until October. If you have anything that you don't want or need. Please consider letting us have it. It will be put to good use. I'm sure there will be a fundraiser of sometime later this year. But until then please keep us in mind.

I can be reached most easily by email. dusty.johns@gmail.com or call my mobile (208) 250-5757

See less See more
#4 ·
Dusty,

This is great buddy! Maybe we can pick a day this summer and bring some vets out to the shop and let them make some decoys from start to finish! We'll make em then let our airbrush artists help them paint em up! Have a barbeque and have a couple beers! I think this would be much more exciting and fulfilling then just donating decoys.

Let me know!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.