New to Idaho duck hunting

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

New to Idaho duck hunting

Postby fowler127 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Hey guys,

I am new to Idaho. I moved to the eastern part of the state near Idaho falls/Shelley area. I grew up hunting in central illinois mainly hunting Mallards Pintails Teal and Divers along with Canadas specks and snows.I am 26 and have been hunting since i was 9 or 10. I have a 17 foot welded boat with blind with a 90 hp outboard jet motor. Ive got about 5 dozen mallard supermag floaters 4 dozen goldeneye floaters some wood duck and teal decoys and about 4 dozen canada floaters and about 6 dozen full body GHG mallard decoys and 6 dozen full body canada decoys couple dozen speck decoys and about 20 dozen snow decoys and electronic caller. I have been looking around and the hunting looks pretty good where I am at. Im definatly interested in meeting some people to show me the ropes on hunting around here. I know not everyone wants to show a out of state guy around, but I would consider myself a pretty ethical hunter and I just love to kill ducks and geese. If anyone is interested let me know.
fowler127
hunter

Re: New to Idaho duck hunting

Postby Duck-slayer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:42 pm

cool, too bad you don't live over in the SW part of the state.... I would be your friend just cuz you got the gear...... :beer: , I'll bring the beer....... :biggrin:
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby rookie20011 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:33 pm

:welcome:

Im always looking for a hunting partner. I have a some fields and know lots of the river that are good spots for waterfowl.... Hit me up if you want im looking in getting into snow geese sounds like you know a thing or 2. I have some field access if you wanna give it a try shoot me a pm.... Again welcome aboard a good site and a WONDERFUL STATE MAN........
rookie20011
hunter

Postby whiskerbiscuit » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 am

You'll have great luck hooking up with people and learning the area. If you were from California, it would be a different story! haha
whiskerbiscuit
hunter

Postby fowler127 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks guys! Defiantly not from California just a good ol boy from Illinois who like to kill ducks and geese!
fowler127
hunter

Postby FlyFishingFreak » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:47 pm

:welcome:

Im new here too, but on the other side of the state.

Are you interested in other types of hunting? Elk, Mulies? Even White-tail hunting is different here than east.
FlyFishingFreak
hunter

Postby fowler127 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 pm

I mainly stick with ducks and geese, but I do a lot of trapping. I would be open to big game, but being from illinois I'd probably be a fish outta water compared to how you boys do it out here. In Illinois we just have white tails and lots of them
fowler127
hunter

Postby TROB » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:22 am

whiskerbiscuit wrote:You'll have great luck hooking up with people and learning the area. If you were from California, it would be a different story! haha

I dunno, I got a lot of offers too, coming from San Diego last year :lol3:
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting