Sad, Sad Story.....Welcome to Idaho (Part II)

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Sad, Sad Story.....Welcome to Idaho (Part II)

Postby widgeon1013 » Mon May 08, 2006 2:41 pm

Howdy,

Well you folks have been super welcoming so I thought I would pass this along. As you guys know I am somewhat "new" to the area (4 weeks in). As such, I have been temporarily renting a cabin at the Diamond T Ranch out in Clark Fork, Idaho. Super nice folks and very accomodating due to the sudden move, etc...

At any rate, last week (Wed) I went paddling on the big lake with a friend before going to work. When I got to work folks came up to me - "suprised to see me", asking me "if I had heard what had happened", etc...Then they told me that there had been a fire at the Diamond T and my cabin may have gone up. Well, needless to say, it was the cabin I was renting. Worst part is the vast majority of my toys were inside the cabin or right outside.

I lost my 1 season old Momarsh layout boat, trailer, 4 dozen+ dekes, motion dekes, dog kennel + training stuff, brand new canoe (wedding gift), all my clothing and other obvious important stuff....Good thing is the dog was with me, my shotguns were in storage with all of my wife's stuff and furniture and the wife is in Asheville, NC. The verdict is out on whether insurance is going to payout the money or not. I will be sure to let you guys know. Send me some ju ju if you get the chance. Needless to say, I am even going to hunt harder than ever now! :thumbsup:

Later - Dennison
"There is always one more river not to cross, but to follow" ~ E. Abbey
widgeon1013
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Mon May 08, 2006 2:50 pm

my good gosh... sorry bout that man... i hope everything turns out ok for ya...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby duckaholic41 » Tue May 09, 2006 5:31 pm

Sorry 2 hear man. I know how it hurts 2 lose ur toys. Keep ur head up good things hapen 2 good people.
duckaholic41
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:18 pm

That's rough...
casey_714
State Moderator

Welcome to Idaho (Part III)

Postby widgeon1013 » Wed May 10, 2006 12:10 pm

Howdy -

So just an update. According to the fire inspector the fire was started by an lamp that was installed in the house. Go figure. Also, since being here Woody (my pup) and I have been busy playing/training in the local wetlands...Have already found 5 or 6 decent spots near Bonner's/SP with birds nesting...Funny thing - at one spot Woody and I were walking up a creek and spooked a drake mallard mounting a hen...sorry bud. :laughing: Hope everyone is doing well.

Here's to counting down till opening day,
Dennison
"There is always one more river not to cross, but to follow" ~ E. Abbey
widgeon1013
hunter

Postby wingnutty » Thu May 11, 2006 11:19 am

That sucks! Hopefully ins. picks it up! I could't imagine losing all my toys like that, it'd take a long time to reaccumulate them! Just be happy the pup and you are alright!
wingnutty
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting