CJ Strike

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

CJ Strike

Postby poorfowler3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:04 pm

So I am moving to Idaho this year in July and wanted to know what this Strike Reservoir is. I have been reading about it and wanted to know how good it was for shooting waterfowl? Does anyone hunt it out there? Whens the best time to do do you need a boat? Bascailly not asking for anyones holes are spots just wanted some information about the place. Thanks any information at this point would be awesome.
poorfowler3
hunter

Re: CJ Strike

Postby Duck-slayer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 am

funny, the only thing strike is good for is fishing, everybody that goes out there is a skybuster.... I hunted it a couple of times for 1 year and well I won't waste the gas money anymore....
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby Idahofowlweather » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:21 pm

Duck-slayer wrote:funny, the only thing strike is good for is fishing, everybody that goes out there is a skybuster.... I hunted it a couple of times for 1 year and well I won't waste the gas money anymore....
Matt

you just need to get a mud motor and get way back in there Matt...lol... weekends it can be a zoo... weekdays it can be off the hook...
Jacob Hyer
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby Duck-slayer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:55 am

you just want people too stay away from where you hunt...... lol..... :yes:
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby Idahofowlweather » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 am

I could care less these days...lol... now that I have a real truck we be traveling most weekends anyways... so I will be that guy crowding in on the locals... :lol3:
Jacob Hyer
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby Duck-slayer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:42 am

I figured you have a new truck the front of your old truck is sitting at the dairy on Ustick, I see it all the time when I go down fishing, I was going too call you and see what was up, what kind of truck did you get? We will have too get together one of these days, my bro and I are itching too get out and shoot some carp, do you have a opening for two guys?
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby Idahofowlweather » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Duck-slayer wrote:I figured you have a new truck the front of your old truck is sitting at the dairy on Ustick, I see it all the time when I go down fishing, I was going too call you and see what was up, what kind of truck did you get? We will have too get together one of these days, my bro and I are itching too get out and shoot some carp, do you have a opening for two guys?
Matt

yeah I sold it to my next door neighbor and he just wanted the rear end and motor... parted it out... I saw the front clip sitting out there...lol... I told him I was going to crush it and he said he would give me 500.00 for it so I told him I was going to take it in a few days to crush and he reached in his pocket and pulled out the cash... got to love tax refund time...lol... we ended up getting a 07 crew cab Chevy... it had 50K so I Jumped on it.. if you want to go Sat Night give me a call... all I ask is to chip in for some fuel for motor/genny... give me a call...

Jake
Jacob Hyer
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby Duck-slayer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 am

hey sorry I didn't see this post till this morning, been down at CJ and on the River fishing all weekend, anyway I will call you one of these days my brother has off and we will coordinate a shoot for some fat carp, saw a bunch on the river in the middle of the day, crazy....
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting