New to Idaho

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Re: New to Idaho

Postby Duck-slayer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:46 pm

TeamGreen wrote:
Duck-slayer wrote:TeamGreen, hey why don't you PM me and we will chat over a Corona at my house....
Matt

By saying Corona, you really mean "Bud Light", right? If so, I'm in. :beer: I'll even supply it.
I'm too high-class for a Corona. :yes:

I'm game anytime.
Andy

sure.... if you think so..... :biggrin: i'll stick with my corona and you bring your corona.... :beer:
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby twsnow18 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:03 am

Fsbirdhouse wrote:Since it's only two months 'til duck season, you can't be talking about that.

Are you pregnant?
I'm told that moodiness will often disappear after the happy event.

Alright, alright now!
Just a joke.

touchet birdhouse, but not everyone gets to shoot ducks on october 1st! only those of you blessed enough to live in the sticks :fingerhead:

jk, i'll probably be heading up to cascade again or over to american falls for the opener hopefully!
How to start an argument online:

1. State an opinion.
2. Then wait.
twsnow18
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Hey Snow!
Remember to check the regs.
Last year we didn't, and American Falls area opened the same as us here in Blackfoot.
Ist weekend in Oct.
It had always opened a week later there, and we still thought we'd get two openers in easy driving like years before.
Big surprise for us!
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby twsnow18 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Ya i was on my way to hunt the river there in AF on the 1st last season but we blew a tire on the freeway and didn't make it. The next weekend we headed up to do the cascade lake thing and had very good success two days in a row. That's where I'm headed this year for the area 1 opener!

1. State an opinion.
2. Then wait.
twsnow18
hunter

Postby Tenner » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Yea they used to split it at the dam. I hated that. Nothing worse than being able to hunt geese the first weekend but no ducks. I remember laying in my goose field and having hundreds upon hundreds of mallards on me! Landing everywhere. We ended up shooting 20 geese in 40 minutes and then another 12 the next day in about 30 minutes. Both days we could have limited out on ducks as well!
Tenner
hunter

Postby twsnow18 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:37 pm

That is one reason why I'm jealous of ur neck of the woods. Personally, I think that early season goose hunting is a waste of time in the T.V because there is too many places in town for them to hide

1. State an opinion.
2. Then wait.
twsnow18
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:16 pm

It's either opening morning or they're too smart, huh?
Hey, they get that way here as well, maybe I can squeeze out two weekends and it's all over but a bit of pass shooting here and there.
The locals seem to have the 'wise old heads' leading them, and even this year's hatchlings will be hard to decoy.
Man they learn fast!

The real hunt is for the Northerns.
A good field close to the river, and you can see them wandering here and there ....looking! Unsure?
Throw in a little overcast and the promise of imminent snow, and you'll get birds.
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby drakz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Welcome to idaho teamgreen! You will grow to love it here. I hunt a lot bye myself so if you wanna pm then I'm all game. Idaho is a decent waterfowl state if you put in the work. The competetion on public land kinda blows but that's how this sport is anywhere so you learn to deal with that. Finding permission on land is not easy here either. There's too many california people coming in and throwing money at farmers but its still doable with a lot of knocks and friendly conversations. There are geese up the ying yang come about the second week of december if the winter hits like its suppose too.....I have some buddies that have decent spots but the groups are getting pretty big (like 8 guys in eliminators) but I'm trying right now to get on some corn.....id be willing to scout with you and put in the work.....your right though nothing is better than the sunrise when its 5 degrees out as your setting up....I sometimes think that's the best part.........cheers.....and *** is with this corona and bud light stuff....coors is where its at!!!
is that my beer?
drakz
hunter

Postby waterfowler2484 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:57 am

:welcome:
Pm me sometime.
No private land on my card but I do know a lot of place's and am always lookin for someone to haul my gear :yes:
I dont scout all summer like most these guys but thats cuz I already have good spots :thumbsup:

Been busy for the summer so havent been on here much.
Its amazing how much Ive missed!
Such good reading ! You guys always crack me up.
Great bunch of guys here
Good season to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!
"For every action, theres REACTION!!!"
waterfowler2484
hunter

Postby TeamGreen » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Sorry for the delays in my replies. I've been soo busy with work, house hunting, ect. :help:

Andy
Cut that sucka'
TeamGreen
hunter

Previous

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting