Online Petition Against Guiding for Waterfowl in Idaho

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Online Petition Against Guiding for Waterfowl in Idaho

Postby goosepond » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:11 am

Ok, so, no one else wanted to step up and do something to start to organize something to work towards getting this guiding thing stopped, so I did this morning. I set up an on line petition, similar to the last one I set up for the IWA. This time, I will edit and verify the signatures so only those in Idaho are on it. I am shooting to get 1500 or more signatures and will leave it open for a couple of months, or longer depending on when this needs to be delivered to the Governor, OGLB, IDF&G, ETC.

I hope this helps to get it stopped, but, dont let it stop here, everyone still needs to do their own thing to help push this issue to the top and get it stopped. It's open to anyone who holds a current F&G hunting license, to get the younger hunters, and only residents of Idaho.

So, with that said, here is the link to sign it folks:

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/5620

Ok folks, im getting people signing the petition and when putting down where you are from, all that is being put is United States. If those arent changed within a few days, I will be deleting them. We want this a clean petition and from Idaho only and the only way to verify signatures is so show where you are from so they can be varified. So, if you want you signature left on, please edit it or resign with where you are from. Please. Thank you.
Last edited by goosepond on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
goosepond
hunter

Re: Online Petition Against Guiding for Waterfowl in Idaho

Postby TomKat » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:26 pm

You dont want rich people from out of state to lease all the good land??? :fingerpt: :clapping: :no: :beer:
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby duckdogID » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Thank you for posting that up here! Glad to sign :beer: :clapping:
"The meat dont fry if the lead dont fly" "God only gives us so many sunrises. I don't see any need to miss one of 'em."
:sniper:
duckdogID
hunter

Postby Tenner » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:06 pm

I have signed, Same with my wife and parents. I did write our commissioner here in SE Idaho about this problem I also emailed Butch Otter. I have never gotten a response from the famed governor. But the Commissioner emailed me back a few days later. He said that this is still in the works and that if permit are bought there will be some very tight regulations on the outfitters. It will not be a free for all like everyone thinks. I still agree that we need to keep Idaho Waterfowl Pristine and Do-It-Yourself. That is what makes it so much fun. The Fair Chase of birds and not knowing if your in the right field or the right island on the river!!! I would much rather do it myself and hunt the way I have been taught and the way I want and not harvest anything than pay some yahoo to have me do it there way and limit on everything! Thats not hunting! Thats killing!
Tenner
hunter

Postby goosepond » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks for that info tenner, that concerns me about the f&g commissioner as it sounds like he is leaning towards approval already without giving or listening to any of the waterfowlers. Tight regulations on guiding is all dependant upon who is writting them and with the history of the OGLB and the F&G only reccommends, the OGLB will put in what they want no matter what the F&G or anyone else wants. It has to be stopped and so far, no one is listening. We may have to have a protest day on the steps of the Capital building against it. Also, we need to look at which legislators are sponsoring and supporting making hunting part of Idaho's constitutional rights and tie that in with this as it is co mingled. If hunting becomes part of Idaho's constitution, then how can the OGLB take part of those rights of waterfowl and turkey hunters away from us and let the few rich and famous only be able to enjoy part of Idahos natural resources and Idaho's constitutional rights?

Once again we are being ignored.
goosepond
hunter

Postby Tenner » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Yea I agree it needs to be stopped and no one really cares. The thing is that the people who do not care will care when they cant go sit at the spot the hunt every opening day. The commissioner is not leaning towards the approval. From the sound of his email he is kinda against it but said they do not have much pull with the issue. Its already made its way through certain processes. The commissioner is a waterfowl hunter and knows exactly how we feel about it.
Tenner
hunter

Postby goosepond » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:12 pm

I sent the commish an email w/letter today myself. Ive talked to him several times on many issues including this one before. There have not been any process' that this has gone through yet, but, the OGLB has filed to take this before the legislature rule making in the 2014 session. so, with that said, I suggested to the commish that if the right to hunt and fish which is on the agenda this fall for an Idaho Constitution amendment passes, then by allowing guiding for waterfowl and turkey hunting is a violation of that amendment and the Idaho Constitution for Idaho residents by forcing so many Idahoans to buy the right to hunt and taking away our right to freely hunt what we want when we want it. And, I think if this amendment does pass, this is something to hang our hats on because Idahoan's should not have to pay to hunt or fish and it gives us one of our basic rights without interference, and interference is just what guiding will do to us when we want to hunt at any given location.

No one is taking away any private property rights as some will lead you to believe, the private land owner can still lease out his property in many ways or form a club which is not currently regulated in Idaho, but, we can force the OGLB to not allow guiding.

Good luck everyone and if ya all dont think guiding will have an impact on you, just wait like Tenner has said. Also, read up on the OGLB rules and regulations on allowing activities like this. they are blantantly ignoring the general public and their own rules and regulations in taking this forward as they are doing.
goosepond
hunter

Postby aussie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:31 am

Signed, Hopefully everyone will pass this on to their friends to sign as well
aussie
hunter

Postby goosepond » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:08 pm

If anyone did not attend the Idaho Wildlife Summit either on line or in person, you missed a great first night. Starts at 0900 in the morning and will really get into some interesting discussions. the interactive discussions from internet users was awesome and had some interesting topics too. Go to the F&G website to get online with it. The polls they are taking arent working on line but they are working on that, to many on line users and its freezing the system up.

Hope to see all of ya there
goosepond
hunter

Postby TROB » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:44 am

Why would they even consider allowing guides?? I don't see any positives.

Duck hunting in Idaho is perfect AS-IS
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby goosepond » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:34 am

TROB wrote:Why would they even consider allowing guides?? I don't see any positives.

Duck hunting in Idaho is perfect AS-IS

Why would they consider allowing guides, just my opinion here, but it is because a very very small few number of people have personal agendas and interests in getting a guide license, but they will not come forward to give their side of the issue. On the contrary, the OGLB is REQUIRED by law to demonstrate a need for this activity and over the many many years this has been discussed, they have been asked this over and over and over and not one, not one person has come forward supporting this, nor has the OGLB provided not one person who has asked for a guide license. 3 of the 4 grandfathered guides for waterfowl in East Idaho dont want any more guiding as it takes what very few clients they do have from them. The 1 that does want it, wants to be able to go from hunting the small area he has now to a larger area that encompasses more public land in more suitable hunting areas to go along with his fishing guide service.

This information came out from the Waterfowl/Turkey Advisory Group meetings held over a 2 year period that the group worked to come up with some kind of settlement on the issue.
goosepond
hunter

Postby goosepond » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:17 am

We are up to 139 signatures but what really surprises me is that we only have one young hunter under the age of 23 that has signed up. I cant beleive that we dont have more younger hunters who would like to sign up. More over, I cant beleive that with all the older hunters we have, and all the mention about taking their kids hunting that they havent had their kids sign the petition. If nothing else, this petition is showing that we are loosing a great sport and that if it continues the way it is headed, there wont be any waterfowl or turkey hunting in the future as we just dont have the younger generation to follow us up and keep the sport going.

Thanks to everyone who has signed up, and I hope we keep getting more.
goosepond
hunter

Postby goosepond » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:53 am

Good morning everyone. Just a reminder, the current petition is open only to Idaho residents. As I have tried to explain before, its not that we dont want the support from out of staters, we do, but, with the last petition we did, we included everyone on that petition and we got blasted in that we were told that Idaho sportsmen and women couldnt get anything done on their own and had to depend on out of staters to get the job done for them.

So with that said, it was decided to keep this petition to only Idaho residents. If your name is on the petition and you are from another state, I have no choice on this one folks but to delete you name from the petition.

If some one wants to start a petition for out of staters who want to support this petition, to supplement the current petition that would be great, but, this one is going to be clean for Idaho Sportsmen and women only.

I hope everyone understands and thank you for your patienence.

We are over 200 Idaho signatures :)
goosepond
hunter

Postby goosepond » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:35 am

UPDATE: Its really kind of sad folks, this has been posted on line now for almost 3 months and there are only 255 signatures against the guiding issue. Thats only about 1% of the number of waterfowlers in the state. I guess no one really takes this serious, but, one of these days soon, you will find that you dont have your favorite field or water spot to hunt once these people have it locked up so you dont have that access. See the IWA website and other threads on here how to contact important people and th OGLB for your input. If you dont think this isnt serious you may as well :fingerhead: cuz it wont be long that you will start b******g about the impacts they have on you.
goosepond
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting