Duck Hunting Forum banner

mojo pole idea? new product?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  side-slippin 
#1 ·
I was fed up with the cheap mojo pole that come with mojo products and made a custom one...I'm thinking about getting different camo wrap and colors for water, wheat, corn ect. so the pole dissapears....I made a sturdy one with pretty much a 1 inch dagger that you can either smack with a hammer or jump on like a pogo stick to stick in the ground..no more piling rocks next to the pole in the river bed...I'm not sure if there's a product like this but with how cheap the poles are I figured more of us than just me are fighting with it.....would anyone be interested in getting something like this? I made a quick one in like 20 minutes at the end of work and I was thinking heck there could be so many different ways to make these for ones desire....I also don't like the greenish grey color that they come in so that's where the camo and different paints come into play....I'm toying at the idea of making custom mojo poles as a side project....does anyone need something like this? How much would you be willing to pay for a solid steel more adapted product than what comes with mojo products? Let me know or let me know if you think I'm just nuts...

#3 ·
We have built a few like you are describing they do have their own problems. Some of the places that I hunt you have to walk into a pretty long ways and with a long heavy awkward steel pole it makes it that much worse. Great idea but Im a cheapo to me the pole isn't worth much as I can make the same thing. Your own a good track though.

#4 ·
I was thinking I could make lighter ones....I made this one for lake lowell... :beer: its got a one inch round stalk at the bottom only like 10 inches long with one inch pipe running up the side to where the mojo sits in square tubing...I then welded half inch round stall at the top of the 1 inch stalk where you can either jump on it or hit the top of the 1 inch stalk...the 1 inch stalk is sharp on the bottom to go down deep.... :yes: its actually pretty light......it will work well in the deep timber at lake lowell...last time we had a hell of atime because we forgot the extension and had to use a stick and I thoughti was going to lose my mojo....

#5 ·
Pictures? I have the wing thing and it has a cheap metal stake I'm sure is going to break at first pounding. I would love a solid 3' 4' pole that is sturdy and gives me the confidence that my stuff isn't going to wobble fall in the water. I like the idea of different sizes for different conditions, cut corn or wheat, to deeper water. I once saw this guy with 3 mojos, two low and one at least 8' because it was over the cattails. I never had a duck look my way. Also the changing the color sounds like a good idea to me.

Again it cant be so expensive that someone will go make one and spray paint it.

#7 ·
Yeah I weld at work since I'm a heavy equipment mechanic but after looking into welder prices I'm kinda just in the thought process of it all..I hate galvanized steel and small steel tubing does just fine plus its tougher...the one I built after work one night will be perfect for lake lowell....thanks for the input everyone....in the end I was thinking 50-75 bucks each depending on how fancy and if it was able to break down...

#8 ·
definitely not necessary, but if you have the time and motivation... anything that makes life easier on the H2O/ in the field can probably be successfully marketed.

i promise you there are plenty of "catalog carls" out there that absolutely have to have the latest and greatest. if you can present it to enough people you will always get some suckers that "have to have it". go for it bud, make you a few and try selling them at the boat launches. that should give you an idea to start off with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.