Trailer build

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Trailer build

Postby TeamGreen » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:53 am

Fellas,

Yesterday I bought a new enclosed cargo trailer to use for a decoy rig. I'm going to start to customize it to my style of hauling full body honkers, blinds, and the rest of the gear. I will add pictures as I go in case others are looking for ideas for thier own rigs.

I decided on an Interstate Loadrunner 5x10. Sounds small, yes but I'll get to that. This will be the 3rd enclosed trailer I've owned for this purpose. After yanking larger trailers (6x12 and 7x16) around for the better part of 10 years, I've found that you really waste a ton of fuel and really a lot of space is wasted. They also act like an anchor if you find a wet/soft spot while driving in the field in the dark. (don't ask. Been there, done that :no: ) I also enjoy traveling to Alberta/Saskatchewan and this smaller rig will really cut down on fuel expense.

I'm confident that when I'm done, I should be able to get about 10 dozen honkers, 4-5 blinds, ect inside.
Andy
Cut that sucka'
TeamGreen
hunter

Re: Trailer build

Postby side-slippin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:15 pm

xtra people to split that fuel cost also helps huh?
"Augustus...
...by-god Woodrow, it's been quite a party ain't it.
...yes sir."
side-slippin
hunter

Postby band killer » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:39 pm

We just bought a 6 by 12. Looking forward to see/hear how people fit configure their trailers?!
band killer
hunter

Postby Tenner » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:56 pm

nodakoutdoors.com has some great trailer pics in there goose hunting threads go check it out. There are some great ideas and layouts!
Tenner
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting