Northern Opener

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Northern Opener

Postby bustadrake » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:19 am

Anyone else thinks it's strange that the Panhandle opens a week later?? What gives?? Hope everyone is doing well.
hunter

Re: Northern Opener

Postby goosepond » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:16 am

bustadrake wrote:Anyone else thinks it's strange that the Panhandle opens a week later?? What gives?? Hope everyone is doing well.

That was the reccommendation from those waterfowlers in North Idaho who participated in the survey. I suspect a lot more got the survey in the mail but decided it wasnt important enough to respond. It had an option for NID.
goosepond
hunter

Postby bustadrake » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:06 am

Guess I should of completed the survey :fingerhead: . Still I am a bit suprised that the majority of folks wanted to push it back a week. Especially since the majority of migrators are pushed out by the end of the season already not to mention the freeze up. Guess we can always hope for a later freeze up and not a big sudden push like last year.
hunter

Postby goosepond » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:35 am

bustadrake wrote:Guess I should of completed the survey :fingerhead: . Still I am a bit suprised that the majority of folks wanted to push it back a week. Especially since the majority of migrators are pushed out by the end of the season already not to mention the freeze up. Guess we can always hope for a later freeze up and not a big sudden push like last year.

And dont forget, that set the season for the next 5 years. So, barring any major issues on the fed side of things, the Idaho Season is set for the next 5 years.
goosepond
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting