New to north Idaho

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

New to north Idaho

Postby jaymo100 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:39 pm

hey everyone this is my first post here so go easy on me haha. well i currently live in wenatchee WA and hunt both divers and puddle ducks quite a bit but mid November im moving over to CDA and i dont know anyone who hunts waterfowl over there. so if anyone has any suggestions for places i can start hunting or better yet if anyone is looking for a new hunting partner look no further. :beer:
jaymo100
hunter

Re: New to north Idaho

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Welcome to North Idaho. Stop in the Fish and Game office on Kathleen Avenue in Coeur d'Alene and they should be able to tell you some places to try.

Have a great season!
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby bustadrake » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Good advice. If you hunt with Hayden Hunter make sure you bring a shovel :biggrin: .
hunter

Postby fordmanalan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:32 am

went by the office on Kathleen and all they did what give me some regs and told me o go to the website. so now I am back to square one waiting to find somewhere to hunt tommorow
fordmanalan
Newb

Postby waveslider » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:53 am

I've been in your shoes. It feels insurmountable when you move to a new area. For what its worth, I went to the Idaho DFG website and started looking up where the Wildlife Management Areas are in my area and then wore out Google earth.

You will find that generally speaking there aren't the crowds that a lot of other places suffer with, especially if you're willing to walk a little further, or get your feet wet a little longer.

Wish I could help but I don't know your area, but I do know that the WMA pages on the Idaho DFG website were truly helpful for some of the basics.

Once you have done the above, its all about windshield time.... My binoculars never leave my side for the next 4 months..
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting