Bummed

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Bummed

Postby LEOJR73 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:44 pm

I cant believe Im going to admit this, but its been about 3 years since I have duck hunted. I really miss how easy it was to jump in the jeep and drive down to the snake and hunt some ducks!!! My 9 year old will be taking hunter safety and Im going to try to get him back up there for next years youth hunt. Hope you guys have an awesome season!!!! Hopefully I will get to go and try to get a couple of ducks this year here in Cali. Later
In duck hunting, there's world champion duck callers and world champion duck killers - I'm a duck killer!
LEOJR73
hunter

Re: Bummed

Postby rookie20011 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Sorry to hear that. I know it would be a HUGE BUMMER for me if i was in your shoes... Hope you get a shot at doing it next yr...
rookie20011
hunter

Postby waveslider » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:51 pm

While perhaps not as easy as jumping in the jeep and running down to hunt ducks, you are in the 4th largest duck harvest state and the opportunities are great, it just takes a bit more work.

I am painfully familiar with public hunting in the grasslands and central valley (Mendota, Los Banos, etc) and I have tons of actual Google Earth analysis of hunting spots, favorite areas, etc. Happy to share if you are headed down there.

Good luck
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby LEOJR73 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 pm

thanks for the offer to help, I will probably take you up on it. For me its just been a matter of time, being new guy on job and working weekends and still trying to recover financially has been the biggest drawback. I miss it too much not to get going again, both my boys are chomping at the bit to get back out. Just got get it done!!!
In duck hunting, there's world champion duck callers and world champion duck killers - I'm a duck killer!
LEOJR73
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting