Duck Hunting Forum banner

Youth Hunt

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  IdahoSkies 
#1 ·
How did everyone do on the youth hunt? Any good pictures to share?

#3 ·
OneShot2146 said:
My son got (1) Drake Mallard, He found out Black Cloud out of a 20 Guage Thumps a little more than shooting doves with 2 3/4 field loads. We had fun, that and the fact he didnt touch a video game all day was awesome!!
Made me think of this. I've been fixing a few things on a 20ga single shot for my nephew to use (10y/o). I took it outside to function check with a duck load and the damn thing kicks harder than my SBE2 :lol3: It popped me in the cheek a little bit. I guess being as light as a broomstick, it caught me off guard :no:

#4 ·
We went out on Sunday morning and trying to put pic on little too big. 13 yr old/son 3 birds, hen mallard... skinny bird and two ducks with one shot looked like two hen goldeneyes, but two birds one shot. 11 yr old/daughter very nervous just would not shoot. Shooting 20 gauge single shots. 10 yr old/ son shot 3 or four times no birds and cryed for a second or two. Was telling him shoot shoot and thought i was yelling at him??? Bird was so close! We got over it and he was good after that. Should be a intresting and stressful duck season.

#5 ·
Took my boyfriends little brother on the youth hunt. Him and another boy got there limits on ducks and 1 goose. Very nice day. Boyfriends little brother middle and with his first goose.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.