Wtb duck hunting boat

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Wtb duck hunting boat

Postby Zmak4964 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:18 pm

I am looking for a 17-20 foot boat prefer semi v boat with a jet. Mostly be hunting the snake or American falls so need something that will handle big water. I am located in Idaho falls willing to travel for right buy
Zmak4964
Newb

Re: Wtb duck hunting boat

Postby waveslider » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:03 pm

I saw one on craigslist here in the greater boise area that looked interesting. I think it was an xpress boat but I can't rememeber. Do a search on 'camo boat'
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby fish gypsy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:37 am

First thing I did when I bought my boat was figure out what I really want to do with it. I knew I wanted to duck hunt with a blind on the boat. Where do you mostly want to hunt. (river, lakes, marshes). How many people will you be hunting with? Gear, which double the amount you think LOL. Is it just a duck boat or do you want to fish or fly fish out of the boat. Sit down and really think about what you want to truely use it for. Then start hunting for the boat. When I bought mine, I did this and have not been happier. I fish and hunt the rivers mostly and a jet does great. It has gotten me around Mud lake but can be tough to get up and going in really low water. I hunt alone so weight of the boat was a big one. Need to be able to move boat around by ones self. I have a blind on mine and when duck hunting ends and there is nothing else better to do but fish I put the oars on and fish the snake and the South Fork. I have a 16ft lowe roughneck with a 90hp jet. I have a side counsle that allows me to put my blind up. The boat was lighter then most and allows me to pole around in shallow water. It is also light enought to row for fly fishing. Little heavy but my wife and can move it around. My advice is figure out what you really want to do then start breaking it down. Thats my two bits.
fish gypsy
Newb

Postby Zmak4964 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:56 am

Thanks for the info guys probably going to look after the season for a 1860 sc with a 90/65 jet will spend 90% of its time duck hunting maybe a little time fishing.
Zmak4964
Newb

Postby fowler127 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 am

how much are you looking to spend?
fowler127
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting