IDAHO FALLS AREA WALK IN HUNTING

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

IDAHO FALLS AREA WALK IN HUNTING

Postby fowler127 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Hey guys,

Went out on the south fork last weekend and broke the foot on my jet boat so I am down to walk in hunting this weekend until the new parts arrive. Im not looking for anybodys spot but I am new to the area and everything I have scouted is by boat. Any suggestions on walk in areas around idaho falls area? Ive also got a bunch of field decoys if anyone has field they want to give a shot. I dont care if its the best spot in the world I just want to get out this weekend. Shoot me a message if you can help.

Thanks,
Russ 208-520-8888
fowler127
hunter

Re: IDAHO FALLS AREA WALK IN HUNTING

Postby TROB » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Looking for a walk-in spot? then you better start walking around..... :thumbsup:
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby fowler127 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 am

Good one? A real knee slapper. I got my parts today so Im back in buisness thanks for the help though.
fowler127
hunter

Postby TROB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:10 pm

fowler127 wrote:Good one? A real knee slapper. I got my parts today so Im back in buisness thanks for the help though.

im just the only one who responded.....everyone was thinking the same thing.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby fowler127 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Well thank God for you, your about as useful as tits on a boar.
fowler127
hunter

Postby TROB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:22 pm

fowler127 wrote:Well thank God for you, your about as useful as tits on a boar.

you're*

I wasnt trying to be useful.....that's the point. "hey can someone tell me where to hunt, i don't want to spend my time or money" :clapping:
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby fowler127 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Time or money? Give me a break you have no idea what I have invested and I'm willing to bet I have more money invested then you do.Im new to the area my boat was down and everything I had scouted this summer you need a boat to get to. I specifically asked for a general place to hunt not somebody's spot. Get off the Internet and commenting on forums just to piss people off and maybe you will kill some birds.
fowler127
hunter

Postby TROB » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:39 pm

fowler127 wrote:Time or money? Give me a break you have no idea what I have invested and I'm willing to bet I have more money invested then you do.Im new to the area my boat was down and everything I had scouted this summer you need a boat to get to. I specifically asked for a general place to hunt not somebody's spot. Get off the Internet and commenting on forums just to piss people off and maybe you will kill some birds.

You're right, I don't kill any birds. A 6.6 avg over 35 trips last year would suggest otherwise though.

Look, it sounds like you have put a lot of time and money into duck hunting. So, I'm kind of surprised that someone who is so invested would even start this thread, you should know how to find your own birds by now. I really wasn't trying to be an ****** in my first post, I was just pointing out that no one here is going to give you areas to look at (again, if i didn't post, this thread would be empty). We scout 1 day for every hunt day on average.

If you're looking for a walk-in spot, you literally need to go walk around and spend a few days working at it. Everyone knows that.
I'm glad that you have more time and money invested into duck hunting than me, but it clearly has not done anything for you. You could put me anywhere in the country, and I would find birds. That's the difference.

Good luck. I'm glad you got your boat back in working order. Have a good season :hammer:
Last edited by TROB on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby fowler127 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Actually I had several people message me privately and one was even nice enough to take me out to a field of his. I guess not everyone has the same attitude as you but then again you are the one shooting 6.6 birds per trip so I better just bow down and say you right pal. I'm not going to sit here and brag about all the birds I've shot like you need to, but trust me I know how to find birds son and my post wasent about finding birds just wanted to get out and enjoy a sport I really enjoy. You can put all the words you want in my mouth but your still gonna sound like a prick.
fowler127
hunter

Postby Tenner » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Man, this looks like girl Drama! FYI if I lived in IF and had any idea where to go, I would have let you know, but I have only hunted IF once and it was on private land.

See the way I see it is that as long as birds are falling then we have done our jobs! Hunters helping hunters! I am not about to let a fellow waterfowler miss out on this great sport just because I am afraid of my spot getting taken! I am sure you would have taken me hunting in your boat in return. That is what this sport is all about. Meeting new people. Making friends and last but not least Killing birds while having fun!
Tenner
hunter

Postby TROB » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Tenner wrote:Man, this looks like girl Drama! FYI if I lived in IF and had any idea where to go, I would have let you know, but I have only hunted IF once and it was on private land.

See the way I see it is that as long as birds are falling then we have done our jobs! Hunters helping hunters! I am not about to let a fellow waterfowler miss out on this great sport just because I am afraid of my spot getting taken! I am sure you would have taken me hunting in your boat in return. That is what this sport is all about. Meeting new people. Making friends and last but not least Killing birds while having fun!

Good luck in that quest. I hope you enjoy hunting with crowds. If people don't want to devote the necessary time to finding birds, they deserve to hunt next to each other.

We don't spend hundreds of hours and literally thousands of dollars in gas to find secluded spots, just to give them up to people. I don't reward laziness.

What's so hard about finding your own birds? This was squashed until you brought it back up.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Postby fowler127 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:19 am

It still is squashed. What it boils down to is some people dont mind helping other people out and some people do. I think what Tenner was saying is if he knew of a easy acess public spot he would let me know and in return I would take him out on my boat. Trob I think you took this way to personally I wasent asking anyone to give up there honeyhole that you invested all of your time and money into finding believe me I wouldent send anyone to any of mine either and that is understandable. I also wasent asking anyone to find me any birds just a easy public spot to walk in to until i got my boat running for instance mud lake or market lake etc. I guess im failing to make the connection with you and this site. If you are so against pointing someone in the right direction what the hell are you doing on a site like this? I see people helping eachother and asking advice every day on here? Anyhow its not worth the arguement we each voiced our own opinion and sounds like we agree to disagree. Have a good rest of the season.
fowler127
hunter

Postby TROB » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:54 pm

fowler127 wrote:It still is squashed. What it boils down to is some people dont mind helping other people out and some people do. I think what Tenner was saying is if he knew of a easy acess public spot he would let me know and in return I would take him out on my boat. Trob I think you took this way to personally I wasent asking anyone to give up there honeyhole that you invested all of your time and money into finding believe me I wouldent send anyone to any of mine either and that is understandable. I also wasent asking anyone to find me any birds just a easy public spot to walk in to until i got my boat running for instance mud lake or market lake etc. I guess im failing to make the connection with you and this site. If you are so against pointing someone in the right direction what the hell are you doing on a site like this? I see people helping eachother and asking advice every day on here? Anyhow its not worth the arguement we each voiced our own opinion and sounds like we agree to disagree. Have a good rest of the season.

Agreed :beer:

If I had a private field in IF I would have sent you a pm to join. But on public land, we're all on our own.
Idaho...
TROB
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting