any thursday hunters out there

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

any thursday hunters out there

Postby graphixx » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:32 pm

I am having a problem finding people to hunt on thursdays. I hunt thursday,saturday,sunday. all of my buddies have the weekends off but are always working during the week.
Early in the season I hunt a few ponds in the desert and a couple walk in spots on the snake......when the season starts to ramp up I take my boat out and I can always be found down in hagerman hunting the river.
I have all the decoys you can handle and one hell of a dog, good enough caller to get the birds to do what I need them to do.
I am in twin falls so if any of you boys want to go shoot some birds on a thursday or the weekend for that matter drop me a PM.
Bad decisions usually make the BEST stories!
graphixx
hunter

Re: any thursday hunters out there

Postby Duck-slayer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:18 am

too bad you aren't in Homedale....
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby waveslider » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:31 am

Hey duckslayer,

I hear you got someone up your way running the river full speed (30 mph) shootin ducks as they go off the front deck of the boat? WTH? You seen any of that action? Call it in?
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby Duck-slayer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:16 pm

I haven't been out but once this year.... haven't heard, where at? and if I do I will call it in....
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby waveslider » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Not sure, it was referred to generally as Homedale/Marsing area. Sad. We have someone in our area making a habit of jump shooting while using their trolling motor and I already have his boat numbers, all I need to do is see him doing it again to call it in, already talked to the enforcement officer....

We don't do it very often but I use 1 horsepower on the oars if we want to jumpshoot so it galls me to see people taking the easy way out.
waveslider
hunter

Postby Duck-slayer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Personally I pretty much quit that stuff/drifting, since I figured out how too consistantly decoy ducks and I choose specific days too go, also upgraded my equipment, so I generally don't do that stuff, unless the water in the canal behind my house has ducks than I will...
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby waveslider » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 pm

I hunt a lot so doing the same decoy ducks, shoot, pick up over and over gets boring. I like to drift occasionally just for the exercise or to scout for other stuff. Aside from being illegal, trolling motor is bad form in my opinion.
waveslider
hunter

Postby waveslider » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Graphixx,

Interested in a hunt trade? I/we come out your way for a hunt then you come ours for a hunt? We live far enough away from each other that its not like there's any risk of poaching each other's spot on regular occasion.

What say ye?
waveslider
hunter

Postby graphixx » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:08 am

waveslider wrote:Graphixx,

Interested in a hunt trade? I/we come out your way for a hunt then you come ours for a hunt? We live far enough away from each other that its not like there's any risk of poaching each other's spot on regular occasion.

What say ye?

that would be awesome actually..........lets get something figured out buddy
Bad decisions usually make the BEST stories!
graphixx
hunter

Postby waveslider » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:57 am

PM sent
waveslider
hunter

Postby coruptone » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:52 pm

graphixx

Hey dude, I may bee up for one of your hunts if you would like the company?? I mostly hunt geese but this year has been real slow. I live in kimberly so im close, so if you would like send me a pm :thumbsup:
coruptone
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting