New guy from Boise

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

New guy from Boise

Postby 1clnek » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:24 pm

I have lived in the Boise area for the last 6 years but am just now getting into waterfoul hunting. I have mostly hunted upland birds but have always wanted to get into waterfoul. I am looking for someone to go hunting with, i have great gun safety skills and respect for the land along with all the necessary equipment such as camo, waders etc. just no boat, decoys or dog. I am willing to drive, pay for gas and help setup blinds or help out with any nature preservation efforts. If anybody needs an extra hunting partner or wants to give tips on hunting locations it would be extremely appreciated. I am a younger guy (25) and consider myself very easy going
1clnek
Newb

Re: New guy from Boise

Postby coruptone » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:15 pm

:welcome: I am not from the Boise area butt i have a good friend that is. He also is starting out in hunting waterfowl in that area also upland. I myself am from the Twin Falls area and dont make it up there that much cause we do most of our hunting down this way. To tell you the truth it is getting harder to find spots to hunt anywhere.But if you make it down this way shoot me a pm and maybe we can lower the goose population in this area :thumbsup:
coruptone
hunter

Postby hunterheinz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 pm

I herd fort boise is pretty good out by nysa but it gets hunted hard. i went out to lake lowell cause its close to my house all the mallards are out far away from shore so if had a boat it would be good. i got a couple wood ducks and teal by low fly bys but never could decoy any.
hunterheinz
hunter

Postby ReedStalker » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 am

I'm new to the area and just getting back into waterfowling. If anyone is in need of a hunting partner, I'm game. I have my own equipment and solid firearms skills.
ReedStalker
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting