Idaho Weather Forecast Source

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Idaho Weather Forecast Source

Postby waveslider » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't know if I'm the only one that notices, but the local TV stations around Boise and Twin Falls seem to not know a lick about the weather. Its something I miss from Missouri. These people cannot predict the weather worth a darn and specifically, the wind.

What do most of you guys use for your weather needs? WeatherUnderground seems a little better but I'm tired of going to a spot that I have picked out for the predicted wind only to have it blow from the exact OPPOSITE direction.

Any suggestions on the best weather data source for SW Idaho?
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Re: Idaho Weather Forecast Source

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:48 pm

Weather Channel APP for your smart phone. I add all of my hunting locations and check the 36 hour and 10 day forecast all through the week.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby IdahoSkies » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:37 pm

+ 1 on weather channel app. Also check out the Clear Sky Clock http://cleardarksky.com/c/BoiseIDkey.html once you figure out how to read it for your specified locations you'll never go back. its really accurate and down to the hour in specificity. I originally used it for astronomy but its great for general weather prediction as well.
IdahoSkies
hunter

Postby Abomb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:19 pm

weather underground or NOAA. Best two going.
Abomb
hunter

Postby waveslider » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:38 pm

Abomb, I haven't found anything "workable" from NOAA. Are you talking just their site or do they have any kind of app or forecast tool?
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby Abomb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Just their site. Pretty accurate for my area. wunderground is pretty spot on here as well. No apps that I know of for NOAA
Abomb
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting