Winter is near the air cool and the dew is the clue

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Winter is near the air cool and the dew is the clue

Postby Dmac » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:23 am

Well soon they come as the air changes from hot to cold our feathered freinds come again. Will be happy to see them not they to see us but will battle once again. Hows things looking up north of Idaho for the birds well see in south Idaho anyone near my flight???
Very happy to be in Idaho Hunting Trapping WoW
Dmac
hunter

Postby justakiller » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:51 pm

Things look better than last year in Alberta and Montana. Many species are way up over last year. Mallards are so-so. But we have seen this song and dance before and not got the weather we needed. Bottom line....we get the weather and it will be good. We dont get the weather......it wont be good.
justakiller
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:29 pm

i think its a bit early to tell... boy this is like waiting for christmas morning... only for a month instead of a night :getdown:
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

if it counts its looking cool in Buhl

Postby Dmac » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:36 am

justakiller wrote:Things look better than last year in Alberta and Montana. Many species are way up over last year. Mallards are so-so. But we have seen this song and dance before and not got the weather we needed. Bottom line....we get the weather and it will be good. We dont get the weather......it wont be good.

Yeah all we can do is make the best of it as the days of summer shorten :getdown:
Thanks for the report I've been out lookin around this last week at the locals mallards. My brother was with me we were glassing a big bunch of ducks my brother says yeah thats a big bunch but they're not mallards I handed him my glasses look closer to his surprize he had never seen mallards this early. :toofunny:
Dmac
hunter

Postby Dmac » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:47 am

jjohnson_714 wrote:i think its a bit early to tell... boy this is like waiting for christmas morning... only for a month instead of a night :getdown:

Yeah but have you noticed any change in the weather in your area here its cooling down as if the summer is fadeing :salude:
We'll make the best of it for we have the illness my dad pasted it on to me and I to my sons waterfowlidas :toofunny:
Dmac
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting