upcoming AKC pointing lab litter !

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

upcoming AKC pointing lab litter !

Postby Idahofowlweather » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:18 pm

I have a litter due any day now... these pups will make some very nice HT or Meat dogs... the female has been hunted on a local club and has pointed over a 1000 roosters, and the male is a nice yellow lab that I have been useing as my meat dog... with the entent of HT this spring...

these pups will come with a written garantee on their hips and eys...

taking depostis now! may have all colors in this litter...

asking $500.00 each

I own both dogs and you can see them if you like.... I am located in Homedale Idaho...

here is a picture of the puppies pedgree... the corner stone foundation pointing labs can be found their... also have pictures of the parents if you like ...

you can call me at 208-337-3319 or email me at ropen4jake@yahoo.com

Jake Hyer

Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:30 pm

just outa curiousity, are the dogs trained to point or are they bred to point... ive heard of them, but know nothing about them...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Idahofowlweather » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:28 am

you will hear all kinds of idea's but when you see a 8 week old puppie point a wing on a string then you will know that it is in the blood... I have had the chance to be around them for 6 years on my dad's club and have seen them in action... they are the best of both worlds a dog that can do the waterfowl game and then you can go out and chase those Upland Birds with the same dog... then bring them in the house and not have them bounce all over the place :yes: google pointing Labs and you will find alot about them, it is not a new breed it just with the internet they are becoming more well known.... one down side is the cost of them, Coot was around $1000.00 as a puppy and was being sold for $2500.00 when I got her from my dad... for a $1000.00 I can get a pup from a NFC blood lines in a lab.... with a outstanding pedigree, this is one reason I'm selling this litter for the avarage $500.00 a pup I want people to have the opertunite to be able to hunt over IMO the best hunting dogs in the world...

Jake
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby Idahofowlweather » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:43 am

I woke up this morning at 1:45 am to my wife telling me there is some crying noise coming from the welping box so I jumped out and found one Blk Male licked dry and crying... took about 45 min before the next pup but then Coot started dropping them left and right about every 6 min... I could hardley keep up... then she stopped for 1 hour and half so I thought she was done at 8, but then she started in again I had to pull this one because he was breech and was huge 1/4 the size of the others then a little girl followed him... she is done I hope... all ten pups are blk not a one is yellow and the stud is yellow but blk factored... anyways just thought I would let you guys know should be a few crazy weeks in my house... 6 girls and 4 boys...

here is a few pictures...
this is the huge pup which my wife calls moose I like to call him plug!
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby Idahofowlweather » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:45 am

here is a picture of Coot and Deezel!

IfW
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby Idahofowlweather » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:46 pm

I have 2 males and 5 female that need to placed in a good hunting home...

Jake
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby Idahofowlweather » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:37 am

what a life eating and sleeping 2 males and 5 female still need homes...

IfW
Idahofowlweather
hunter

Postby Rockybottom » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

How often do you breed. I will be looking for a new pup in the spring and was making a list of breeders to look at.

P.S. nice group.
Rockybottom
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting