Finally. Hallelujah! Cabela's dropped Avery

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Finally. Hallelujah! Cabela's dropped Avery

Postby waveslider » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:28 am

Well, there have been numerous rumors and confirmations of the rumors for some time now. But my Cabela's Waterfowl Catalog showed up and there is NOTHING from Avery in it. Confirmed.

And to boot, it looks like Cabela's started making a couple of the more popular Avery Accessories as well, Marsh Seat, Slotted Decoy Bags, etc

I cannot think of a single piece of Avery gear that has ever lasted through an entire duck season without needing some type of repair, replacement or design upgrade.

I don't profess to know the details of situation, but I am hopeful that Cabela's finally went to them and said, "your gear is junk and we can't hardly stand to suffer the customer service nightmare it creates".

Cabela's doesn't always hit the mark 100% on quality but I am willing to try something other than Avery for a lot of this crap they call waterfowling gear.

I'm not up on prices, but it looks like maybe Avery has lowered their prices for a few things in other catalogs also?
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Re: Finally. Hallelujah! Cabela's dropped Avery

Postby Duck-slayer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Cabela's gear is worse than Avery.... they both suck in my opinion, but that's what you get when you want cheaper..... :fingerhead:
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby waveslider » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Cheaper has nothing to do with it. I don't think Avery pro grade decoys would be filed under the "cheaper" category and they are crap. In fact, if some of Avery's gear was appropriately priced relative to their quality, I wouldn't have as much to complain about since it would be commensurate with the overall value.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby Duck-slayer » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 am

waveslider wrote:Cheaper has nothing to do with it. I don't think Avery pro grade decoys would be filed under the "cheaper" category and they are crap. In fact, if some of Avery's gear was appropriately priced relative to their quality, I wouldn't have as much to complain about since it would be commensurate with the overall value.

Ok, agreed, some of there items are definitely over priced vs. there quality,
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting