I need to sell my Lab mix, have to move

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

I need to sell my Lab mix, have to move

Postby Slidellduckhunter » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Well guys, I hate to do it but I have to sell my retriever. I'll be moving in a couple of weeks and it is apparent I will not be able to bring the dog with us. Some details, I picked him up at the Canyon County Shelter and he is a black lab mix, with what I don't know but he has all the appearances, temperament, and personality of a lab. He was 3 months old when we got him in February and I started serious training in June but a job search has cut that short. He is well housebroken (an inside/outside dog), loves the water and he has started to pick up the retrieving basics nicely. He loves kids and hopefully someone will pick him up who has kids (mine are grown and gone). His name is Qianbao [pronounced 'chin-bow' ('bow' as in the front of a boat)] - don't ask me, my wife is Chinese and she named him! I am only trying to get my initial investment of $125.00 for him, send me a PM and I'll hook up with you. He's a great dog.
Attachments
DSCN0730c.jpg
Do you know why Cajuns don't hunt elephants? Because the decoys won't fit in their pirogues!
Slidellduckhunter
hunter

Re: I need to sell my Lab mix, have to move

Postby Snapshooter » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Will you be around some good hunting where you are going? Hope you will still post. Good to read the posts from an experienced duck hunter.
Snapshooter
hunter

Re: I need to sell my Lab mix, have to move

Postby Slidellduckhunter » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Thanks Snapshooter, but still waiting to see which job offer comes around and it may keep us in Boise but will still have to move the household. We'll know this week.

The other news is that Qianbao has been sold and will be trained as a detection dog (after he was field tested so to speak), so hopefully he will bust some bad guys along the way. He may not be chasing down ducks but he will have a good life nonetheless.
Do you know why Cajuns don't hunt elephants? Because the decoys won't fit in their pirogues!
Slidellduckhunter
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting