Questions about W.M.A.s

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Questions about W.M.A.s

Postby kgrant » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:46 pm

I have been scouring the internet for areas to hunt here in Idaho and have been to a couple of places as well as I am new to the state. I was wondering if anyone had any info about walk in access and wading access (as I do not have a dog nor a boat) to these Wmas Tex Creek WMA,Market Lake WMA,Mud Lake WMA,Deer Parks WMA, and Cartier Slough WMA. they all look like that's where the birds would want to be . any info that anyone would be willing to share would be great thank you for your time.
Respectfully ,Grant
kgrant
hunter

Re: Questions about W.M.A.s

Postby IdahoSkies » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:00 pm

I have never been to those particular WMAs but what I can tell you is WMAs are really crowded on weekends and opening weeks. Spots in them are first come first serve, and the best way to find where you might want to be is to go stomping around on one.

Because they are so crowded you will find folks pretty closed lips about how they do on the ones that they frequent. So good job finding a place to go, now put some boots on the ground.
IdahoSkies
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting