WHOOOHOOO ITS OFFICIAL!!!!

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

WHOOOHOOO ITS OFFICIAL!!!!

Postby jjohnson_714 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:36 pm

i know most of you already know it, but Cabelas will be coming to Post Falls. i'm so stoked i'm speechless. looks like i know where i'm going to be working for the rest of my life :getdown:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... *postfalls
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby wingnutty » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:16 pm

:umm: Yeah but get ready for some more competition for hunting spots. Think of all their hardcore hunting employees and their families.

Cabelas stores are ok, but I usually don't buy anything at them unless I have credit card points or vouchers, ect. You won't find many good deals in the stores. Although they are nice to walk around in and see what is available.

Still gotta love cabelas though, they always come through. I'm waiting on a package of new waders, dog vest and goose flag today actually :yes:
wingnutty
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:20 pm

yeah i also know that im going to be competing against everybody and their mother for a job there. the good thing is though im a veteran, excellent references from all my previous employers, and i think i've read the catalogs enough times that i know just about everything there is to know about what they sell.

i'm also sure that they will employ locally instead of ushering in a whole bunch of people from out of state to work there.

im just glad they are coming because we have no really good sporting goods stores here.
1- blacksheep- good deals on guns, but most of their store is junk
2- walmart- no selection at all
3- sportmans- those guys over there are seriously the biggest jerks ive ever met. when casey was buying his SBE 2, we went there to get one and the dude at the gun counter wouldnt even look up to check on the price of one or if he could order it. totally ignored us and gave us the cold shoulder on a $1300 gun sale. i dunno. then i asked a guy for a box of redheads the other day. he brought down canvasbacks. i politely asked him again for redheads and that i didnt want canvasbacks and he started arguing with me that i said that i wanted the canvasbacks, and that he didnt want to have to go searching for another box.
i swear there are a few nice people there, but the salesmen who are jerks make me want cabela's to put them out of business.
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Beak Buster » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:29 pm

I have to agree sportsmans has the best selection around but some of the people working there are outdoor idiots. I've asked people questions there and there answer "I don't know". To me if I owned a place like that I would be there all the time one cause I love looking at the gear and two to make sure the employees know what they are doing and are treating the people right. I can't wait tell it comes.
If they fly they die
Beak Buster
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum beak buster!
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Beak Buster » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:55 pm

Thanks. I just started duck hunting last year so I'm not that good but I have to tell you it's a blast I miss way more than I hit but it's still fun. Once I figure out how to post some pictures I will.
If they fly they die
Beak Buster
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:07 pm

here is the best way to post pictures
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?t=22998
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Beak Buster » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:20 pm

I just posted some I checked out your other post on how to do it. I've killed more birds than that are in the pictures but failed to get pictures.
If they fly they die
Beak Buster
hunter

Postby olivehunter » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:23 am

As I was reading down through the threads here I noticed that someone got some bad service at Sportsmans. I just want to say that I am never going back there again. I went in to buy a Super Black Eagle 2 about 3 months ago. This was after Cabelas opened her in Boise so it was just me and the crickets in the store. I was looking at the duck calls for about ten minutes before someone behind the counter finally came over to help me. I said that I would like to look at an SBE2 and he looked at me and said "Uh those are duck calls" I turned around and walked out. I am never going back there again.
olivehunter
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting