the best day duckhunting ever!!!

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Postby Beak Buster » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:51 am

Hey Hayden is right to a point. The people that live on the river or any lake for that matter that has something that holds back the water and changed the high water mark don’t really own that land anymore. Reason being is that when the water level changed the land changed with it and pretty much all the taxes around that body of water changed as well. They lost some of there land and there for aren’t taxed on it anymore and if they are still being taxed on it the state owes them some money. If anyone is familiar with Hayden lake all the homes on the lake own a ton of land that is in the lake but they aren’t taxed on it anymore there for the land isn’t there’s.
If they fly they die
Beak Buster
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:51 am

I live on Hayden in an area that was high and dry in the pre-dike days. Now it is waterfront. I look at my plat map and it does not say anything about owning into the lake. Just from the shore to the road.

Maybe some of the other bays in Hayden are the way you describe, Beak Buster.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby Beak Buster » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:58 am

Yep your right. Sorry I didn't explain it very well. when the dike went in they redid the PB and moved the lines to the high water mark but if you go get some old plats you will see the old lines are way out in the water. I use to work for a civil engineer and we designed a lot of stuff around hayden and so I got to see what was going on.
If they fly they die
Beak Buster
hunter

Postby Beak Buster » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:46 am

I'm not trying to say what your saying isn't right Hayden please don't take it that way. The reason I even mentioned it is because one of the spots I hunt is a field that is flooded year round and the person that owens it / thinks they owen it doesn't want people on it but the truth is this person doesn't know that they can't really own it cause it's under water all year round.
If they fly they die
Beak Buster
hunter

Postby quackpipe » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:11 am

Hey guys thanks for all the input. If you are talking to Idaho fish and Game ask them their policy on the right of a dog/person to retrieve a publicly shot duck that falls or flies to die on private.
quackpipe
hunter

Previous

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting