American falls res duck and goose hunting

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

American falls res duck and goose hunting

Postby hbdom » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:04 pm

Traveling through the area on the way to grandma for X-mas. Is there any part of the lake that you can hunt that is not part of the Fort hall? Is there a map that shows the legal areas? Who is in charge of managing this water? I want to hunt the open water areas with a boat. I dont need any secret spots just legal spots. Any other big open water areas you guys can think of that wouldnt be frozen by then?

Cheers,
Dom
hbdom
Newb

Postby Tenner10 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:43 pm

well im from pocatello and i hear that the resivoir is freezing over pretty quick. But i think that all of the resivoir is free game. I cant remember where it was but i found a map on google showing that all of the Resivior is outside city limits. The people i would take to is Idaho Fish and Game. there number is 208-232-4703. They should be able to tell you.
Tenner10
hunter

Postby TINMAN » Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:56 pm

The res. sucks dont bother we go out and waste a lot of time.what do you do when you limit at 10:30 but dont want to go home to do chores?go to homers and have a beer . (springfeild ) naw just kiddin , if you have a boat you can put in at sportsmans park in aberdean or at tildon bridge near blackfoot . but the rivers got a lot of ice in it now also from tilton its 8 miles to the res. the best place to put in is at canttellem launch depending on what boat you have . just remember from tilton down everything from the south channel, south is reservation . i put pictures in the boat section labeled loaded down it was early in the season before the geese were flying . excuse my spelling but its late and who cares any way. good luck
TINMAN
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting