PROUD DAD

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

PROUD DAD

Postby LEOJR73 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Well after all the build up, the youth hunt has come and gone and my son is now an official duck hunter. On Saturday the skies were full of ducks, he shot two widgeon and two mallards. He could have shot more, but we had a heck of a time telling the drakes from the hens, so we didn't shoot. Sunday we went back out in the evening, and there was nothing flying. Finally after about 2 hours a pair of widgeon dropped in and my son and his Benelli 20 gauge made quick work of one of the ducks, he couldn't see over the blind to try for a double, and as an added bonus, my little chessador that hasn't hunted in 3 seasons made a perfect retrieve. Very happy with the weekend and so proud of my son. Cant wait for the 12th so that finally my dad my brother my two boys and myself can finally all hunt together. Hope you all have a great season
In duck hunting, there's world champion duck callers and world champion duck killers - I'm a duck killer!
LEOJR73
hunter

Re: PROUD DAD

Postby IdahoSkies » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Congratulations. There is nothing like taking out those young ones and them having success. Its catching.
IdahoSkies
hunter

Postby jsbohann » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:04 pm

thats awesome, i know hunting with my dad makes up most of my most memorable hunts, even when we got skunked. Lots of lessons learned and good bonding time! Glad you guys enjoyed it!
jsbohann
hunter

Postby kgrant » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:31 pm

congratulations ! I will always remember my first duck. he will never forget it keep up the good work man :thumbsup: also lets see some pictures.
kgrant
hunter

Postby LEOJR73 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:33 pm

Really the only pics I have. I have tons of great video and pictures that are stuck on my phone, that got wet and hasn't worked since that days. I am hoping it dries out enough to retrieve them
In duck hunting, there's world champion duck callers and world champion duck killers - I'm a duck killer!
LEOJR73
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting