could it be the end for me?

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

could it be the end for me?

Postby jjohnson_714 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:12 pm

i can't decide if i want to leave this year duck hunting on a good note or keep going. i think today was one of the best days ever :thumbsup: there was a bit of time between flocks of birds, but i've never had that many ducks decoy in.. ever... i think i had every flock of wigeons on the river decoy in today. there was some disappointment though about a barrow's goldeneye that came into my spread and i choked and missed. and a flock of bluebills that followed my line in perfectly and i was waiting for my cousin to shoot first and by the time he did and missed they were to far gone. i only ended up with 5, but that's ok in my book. its not just about limiting out i guess. i was just stoked to have that many ducks keep circling around and coming in.

so gander and hayden, any luck at all? its nice to finally put a face with your names.
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby GanderCommander1 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:39 pm

Good job, we only saw 5 birds all day and you shot them all. You were definitely set up where the ducks wanted to go. We actually called it quits at about noon.
GanderCommander1
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:13 pm

NICE, its days like that which keep us coming back for more. Go tear'm up again. :salude:
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HaydenHunter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:38 pm

First, it was very nice meeting you at the boat ramp this morning.

Second...are you NUTS? :laughing: You have to keep going out...you have three more weeks to go and in my experience January is always good hunting if not locked up with ice (which we aren't).
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby justakiller » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:02 pm

Some nice drakes ya have there :thumbsup: You have to keep going......this should get you through a couple hunts before you start asking "why in the heck do I put myself through this" :salude:
justakiller
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:48 pm

justakiller,

Don't feel sorry for the Johnson boys. They went out and shot limits again today. No kidding.

We (me and an unnamed accomplice) were upriver from them and today I am the one thinking about quitting....bad day...don't ask. :laughing:
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:01 pm

Hahaha....

We really are sorry that you guys didn't have better luck :thumbsdown:
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:05 pm

its crazy that just a half mile or so would make such a difference... the bad thing is that i think people have noticed the shooting going on at our secret spot, so pretty soon it wont be a secret. i still dont know why the ducks like it so much. it looks like every other spot on the river.
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby GanderCommander1 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:27 pm

JJohnson, there is no way that your spot looks just like everyother spot. At yours, the snow by your hide is covered in blood, feathers, and empty shells. HaHaHa!
GanderCommander1
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:33 pm

Hahahahaaa... That might be true, but yours has a couple awesome snow forts.. :mrgreen:
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:46 pm

yeah those crazy turnbulls building snowforts instead of hunting.

and the blood isnt from ducks. um yeah its from casey. yeah no ducks over on the other side of the river at all. we got those from the... um... the... refuge. yeah the ducks all came from the refuge :thumbsup:

no but seriously you guys are welcome to hunt with us any time. i kinda wish there were a few more of us today so we could have watched more birds fold. it was kinda sad knowing that we still had birds landing and noone to shoot them. i did tell you the secret though. i'm thinking its the ticket because noone else ever does it :thumbsup: well that and the sweet secret spot we have...
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting