Duck Hunting Forum banner

New to the Panhandle

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  HaydenHunter 
#1 ·
I just moved to Coeur d'Alene and I'd like to find some people to hunt with. I have a few decoys, but no dog or boat. Give me a holler if you find yourself short of a hunting buddy at some point during the season. Or, if anyone could PM me some suggestions for good places to walk in or jump shoot, that would be great too.

#2 ·
Welcome to this Forum.

Go to the Fish and Game office on Kathleen Avenue in Coeur d'Alene and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

My first couple of years in Idaho I was in your predicament but found enough places to walk in to keep it interesting. Unfortunately, one of those places was the Kootenai National Wildlife Refuge in Bonners Ferry, which is now shut down along with the rest of our federal government.

Good luck, be safe and have fun.

#4 ·
Helps to have a map of North Idaho (Gazetteer is best) plus a pencil when you go in to talk to F&G. Between that and some later google.earth work, you should get a start. Just remember that all of the rivers going into and out of Lake Cd'A and Pend Oreille Lakes, as well as the lakes themselves, drop to winter pool levels from here on out. So what you see on google.earth or what you scout this week may not be the same when you arrive at a spot two weeks from now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.