not a duck but another 1st

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

not a duck but another 1st

Postby LEOJR73 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:41 pm

boys 1st pheasant--fish and game youth hunt experience. planted birds and pointing dogs, giving the kids an introduction. he was drawn for the hunt and only cost 10 bux. I thought it was cool for him.
In duck hunting, there's world champion duck callers and world champion duck killers - I'm a duck killer!
LEOJR73
hunter

Re: not a duck but another 1st

Postby HaydenHunter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Way to go. Some day your son will be telling his boy about going out with his old man and shooting his first pheasant ever.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby LEOJR73 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:23 pm

that's what im hoping for Haydenhunter. I only have two memories of hunting with my dad and that was deer hunting. We did fish a lot, but not a lot of hunting or camping. My dad was always doing everything he could to provide for us, so his time and energy was spent there, and I am thankful for that. But I want my sons to experience as much hunting and camping with me as they can, and develop skills and a love for the outdoors, that they will pass on to their kids and talk about hunting with grandpa-LOL
In duck hunting, there's world champion duck callers and world champion duck killers - I'm a duck killer!
LEOJR73
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:47 pm

I've been a mentor for the youth waterfowl hunts F&G puts on at the Hagerman WMA for the last 6 years. Were you able to get your boy on the November schedule?
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby LEOJR73 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 am

Idaho Mike wrote:I've been a mentor for the youth waterfowl hunts F&G puts on at the Hagerman WMA for the last 6 years. Were you able to get your boy on the November schedule?

Idaho Mike, I put his name and a friends name in at his hunter safety class, but i havent heard anything back, and didnt know if there was anymore room. if there are still spots open, would love to get him in. that would be an awesome experience. you can pm me if you like.
LEOJR73
hunter

Postby LEOJR73 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:32 pm

I hope this doesnt ruin him for life, but I just got notified that he will be hunting in Hagerman on the mentored hunt the second Saturday of November. I hope to have lots of pics and video. Should be an awesome day for him :biggrin:
LEOJR73
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting