For you Cali haters

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

For you Cali haters

Postby STEVE IN SOCAL » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Thought you Idaho boys might like this...

The Pope went on vacation for a few days to visit the rugged mountains of Idaho . He was driving along the campground when he heard a frantic commotion just at the edge of the woods. He found a helpless Democrat wearing shorts, sandals, a Vote for Obama hat and a Save the Trees shirt. The man was screaming and struggling frantically, thrashing all about and trying to free himself from the grasp of a 10-foot grizzly bear.

As the Pope watched in horror, a group of Republican loggers in NRA shirts came racing up. One quickly fired a .44 magnum slug right into the bear's chest. The two other men pulled the semiconscious Democrat from the bear's grasp. Then using baseball bats, the three loggers finished off the bear.
Two of the men dragged the dead grizzly onto the bed of their pickup truck while the other tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the back seat.

As they began to leave, the Pope summoned all of them over to him. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he proudly proclaimed. "I have heard there was bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic environmental activists, but now I've seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, one logger asked his buddies, "Who the hell was that guy?"
"Dude, that was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with Heaven and has access to all wisdom."
"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom, but he don't know crap about bear hunting! By the way, is our bait still alive or do we need to go back to California and get another one..?"

© 2013 Microsoft Terms PrivacyDevelopersEnglish (United States)
STEVE IN SOCAL
hunter

Re: For you Cali haters

Postby Idaho Mike » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:34 pm

:lol3: :lol3: :beer:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby whiskerbiscuit » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:12 pm

We have an unlimited supply of bait these days!
whiskerbiscuit
hunter

Postby hntndux » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 am

Pretty Funny
hntndux
hunter

Postby Quack'emStack'em » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:30 am

Well Played! :clapping: Know any volunteers for next season?
Quack'emStack'em
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:50 am

If it wasn't for Californians being in business with China , you wouldn't have this computer to play on !
So , here's a Saki for you Bear Bait Guys :yes: And , just be glad more Californians are moving to your state ! :lol3: :lol3:
Bear DOGS AND All . :beer: :beer: :beer: and more :beer: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Slidellduckhunter » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Shouldn't this humorous metaphor be placed on the Bear Hunting Chat State Forum/Idaho? Just wondering...
Do you know why Cajuns don't hunt elephants? Because the decoys won't fit in their pirogues!
Slidellduckhunter
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm to old now but , in my younger days of Bare Women hunting everyone came to Calif. with all kinds of BAIT !

WOW , HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED !
3200 man
hunter

Postby waveslider » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:57 pm

3200 man wrote:I'm to old now but , in my younger days of Bare Women hunting everyone came to Calif. with all kinds of BAIT !

Nowadays the bare women in California have enough plastic parts to qualify as decoys. I'll pass.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby Duck-slayer » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:34 pm

waveslider wrote:
3200 man wrote:I'm to old now but , in my younger days of Bare Women hunting everyone came to Calif. with all kinds of BAIT !

Nowadays the bare women in California have enough plastic parts to qualify as decoys. I'll pass.

Now that's funny....... :beer:
Matt
Duck-slayer
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Yes , your right but but but ,WOW ! BARE Bait :clapping: :beer:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Slidellduckhunter » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Wave, if you think about it there is a lot of irony in what you say, they truly are decoys...
Do you know why Cajuns don't hunt elephants? Because the decoys won't fit in their pirogues!
Slidellduckhunter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Not a Cali-hater but did run into some earlier this season at a local reservoir. We arrived first at the boat ramp and there were two empty boat trailers with California plates parked side by side, not hooked up to any vehicle, and no rigs parked anywhere. About the time we had our boat in the water and ready to go, two trucks with Cali custom plates barrel pell-mell into the parking lot, six guys jump out, grab their guns and jog to the ramp where their boats spent the night nosed into the tules off to the side about 30 feet.

The amazing part is how lucky these guys are: This place can have hellacious winds produce 4 and 5 ft rollers that run up the sandy incline towards the marsh shore. They are extremely lucky no winds came up any of the nights they left their boats out during their visit. Southern Idaho is known for wind and when it comes up with a Northwest wind those rollers would have torn their boats free and crumpled them up as they tossed them up on shore.

Am looking forward to seeing them again next year.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby attk64 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:23 pm

Those same boat trailers have been parked down by CJ strike the whole season, I always show up and no one is around except to boat trailers with Cali plates
attk64
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:06 am

I wonder if their boats are still there, entombed in ice.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby waveslider » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:04 pm

They are probably the same idiots that are waking out on the ice trying to shoot ducks off the only open water. Morons. I truly hope they fall through. Sad but true.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby hntndux » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:16 am

Hey thats how we roll!!!!! Pretty smart..
hntndux
hunter

Postby hnt&fsh » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:55 am

Hopefully the only thing entombed in the ice is their boats! Personally, even though I have been water fowling for around 35 years I just don't see how a duck or goose is worth it.
hnt&fsh
hunter

Postby Slidellduckhunter » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:58 pm

hnt&fsh wrote:Hopefully the only thing entombed in the ice is their boats! Personally, even though I have been water fowling for around 35 years I just don't see how a duck or goose is worth it.

At first glance I understand your comment, what fool in their right mind would brave ice, wind, and cold temperatures for a duck or goose? However as with any outdoor activity it comes down to the desire of those participating. One could even wonder why folks are in stocking waders in the cold Boise River (or any Idaho river for that matter) dodging ice to catch fish or even having to drill a hole in the ice in order to catch fish...and after all of that in some of those rivers they have to let the fish go! Questionable sanity? Yes indeed! (If I catch it then I'm eating it so I have to be careful where I fish). I for one started duck hunting 50 years ago this season and besides enjoying eating the same (as does my wife) I also enjoy being out there...ice and cold be darned! (Which is saying a lot as I am a Louisiana native). There is also the challenge to overcome what nature throws at you, to use concealment skills and any other hunting wiles to get the waterfowl. I like it!
Slidellduckhunter
hunter

Postby hnt&fsh » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Slidellduckhunter wrote:
hnt&fsh wrote:Hopefully the only thing entombed in the ice is their boats! Personally, even though I have been water fowling for around 35 years I just don't see how a duck or goose is worth it.

At first glance I understand your comment, what fool in their right mind would brave ice, wind, and cold temperatures for a duck or goose? However as with any outdoor activity it comes down to the desire of those participating. One could even wonder why folks are in stocking waders in the cold Boise River (or any Idaho river for that matter) dodging ice to catch fish or even having to drill a hole in the ice in order to catch fish...and after all of that in some of those rivers they have to let the fish go! Questionable sanity? Yes indeed! (If I catch it then I'm eating it so I have to be careful where I fish). I for one started duck hunting 50 years ago this season and besides enjoying eating the same (as does my wife) I also enjoy being out there...ice and cold be darned! (Which is saying a lot as I am a Louisiana native). There is also the challenge to overcome what nature throws at you, to use concealment skills and any other hunting wiles to get the waterfowl. I like it!

What I was really trying to say is that hopefully they either A) Have cold weather experience in the outdoors i.e. dealing with frozen lakes and/or rivers. -or- B) Enough common sense to not get hurt, or worse, just because they are trying to kill a Duck or Goose.

Like you I enjoy the challenge irregardless if it is the weather, the pursuit of cagey game animals with a bow or trying to trick a fish into munching on a fly. I'm just saying that when conditions get severe that knowing how to deal with it and not doing something stupid are as important as bagging the game that you are pursuing. :beer:
hnt&fsh
hunter

Postby Slidellduckhunter » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:32 pm

hnt&fsh wrote:What I was really trying to say is that hopefully they either A) Have cold weather experience in the outdoors i.e. dealing with frozen lakes and/or rivers. -or- B) Enough common sense to not get hurt, or worse, just because they are trying to kill a Duck or Goose.

Like you I enjoy the challenge irregardless if it is the weather, the pursuit of cagey game animals with a bow or trying to trick a fish into munching on a fly. I'm just saying that when conditions get severe that knowing how to deal with it and not doing something stupid are as important as bagging the game that you are pursuing. :beer:

Ah yes, understood and agreed.
Slidellduckhunter
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting