December doldrums

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

December doldrums

Postby cutm Jack » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:17 pm

I think alot of birds dipped out with this last storm. Drove 60 miles of river and saw squat.
cutm Jack
hunter

Re: December doldrums

Postby Slidellduckhunter » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:07 pm

I had to drive last week to Mountain Home and saw a lot of birds rafted up in the middle of the Snake but out last Saturday from Walter's Ferry and other than a few groups early they were far and few between...and almost no mallards to speak of. I fear you may be right.
Do you know why Cajuns don't hunt elephants? Because the decoys won't fit in their pirogues!
Slidellduckhunter
hunter

Postby waveslider » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Lots of changes between last week and now. We lost a ton of birds when that last wind came through on Saturday. With the North locked up and our birds heading south this may be the downhill slide.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby cutm Jack » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:38 pm

[quote="Slidellduckhunter"]I had to drive last week to Mountain Home and saw a lot of birds rafted up in the middle of the Snake but out last Saturday from Walter's Ferry and other than a few groups early they were far and few between...and almost no mallards to speak of. I fear you may be right.

Last week Moho did have good numbers but it's a night and day difference. It's crazy what one day and a ton of pressure will do.
cutm Jack
hunter

Postby waveslider » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 am

With the ducks gone from SW Idaho, we decided to turn it around on our Utah brethren. GSL Diver hunt. Nice change of scenery...

Just couldn't coax that proud greater BB in for the dead mount strap.....
Attachments
diverhunt 12262013 small.jpg
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting