DFG Crackdown on the snake?

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

DFG Crackdown on the snake?

Postby waveslider » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:47 pm

I heard there were swarms of DFG EOs in and around the snake the last couple of days from Hammett to Walters Ferry. Writing tickets to people shooting birds out of their boats under power, shooting Grebes, over limit on Geese, etc.

Didn't hear about too many tickets for over-limits on ducks (not surprising given the conditions). Can anyone confirm? Nice to see them out wrangling the retards for a change.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Re: DFG Crackdown on the snake?

Postby Squishy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:10 pm

My buddies were checked at a ramp in that area while I ran to town for parts. I've never seen one upriver of Walter's Ferry. So it's nice to finally hear they're doing something!
The dog Cursan's Perfect Limit JH
The gun Beretta AL390 (Snake River Arms custom)
The call Echo XLT
Squishy
hunter

Postby Abomb » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:12 pm

That's great since it sounds like you guys were long overdue for some enforcement down there.
Abomb
hunter

Postby Slidellduckhunter » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:27 pm

I had posted a couple of Saturdays ago that I saw one cruising up and down the Snake generally downriver of Walter's Ferry. I have not seen them the last 2 Saturdays (including today)...however, there is a F&G EO that lives in my neighborhood and the last few days his truck has been gone most of the day every day - this has not been the case for the last couple of months. Maybe trying to catch some of the out-of-towners visiting for the holidays trying to get in a hunt without the right license? I suspect that with the new year right around the corner we will see them in force to try and catch those who don't renew their license in time. I'm glad to see them out.
Do you know why Cajuns don't hunt elephants? Because the decoys won't fit in their pirogues!
Slidellduckhunter
hunter

Postby waveslider » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:28 pm

We were out hitting limits in Utah (still not sure why those guys come to Idaho) but a buddy was checked actually on the water and he saw another checking some field hunters which by the looks of it didn't go well for them at all. Nice. Hope they caught a few road hunters also.
waveslider
hunter

Postby casey_714 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:46 pm

I like this.. I honestly wish people up here would get checked more. I've only been checked one time out of many years of hunting..

And why in the world would anyone be shooting grebes?!
casey_714
State Moderator

Postby jdinid » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:35 am

Seeing all these happy posts about F&G showing up in numbers just makes me smile. :)

There was an EO cruising through Eagle Island State Park last week checking out the guys on the Boise. Zimo's last article probably has upped their presence there too.
jdinid
hunter

Postby waveslider » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:15 pm

casey_714 wrote:And why in the world would anyone be shooting grebes?!

Because they don't know the difference between grebes and ducks. Pay no nevermind that the grebes don't fly and the only way to shoot them is to sneak up and waterswat them.
waveslider
hunter

Postby swanpig » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:52 pm

We were checked by F&G about 3 weeks ago. They were professional and quickly checked our licenses and guns. They were polite and efficient. Then they stirred the birds for us on the river by checking other hunters the rest of the day.
Gettin er done, one duck at a time!
swanpig
hunter

Postby waveslider » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:08 am

I'm hearing through the grapevine that a certain prominent businessman (and his son apparently) from the Boise area FINALLY got popped for shooting over his limit and up to 45 minutes after shooting time.

This has been a LONG time coming and I commend DFG for stepping up enforcement in the SW portion of the state.

My understanding is that they were still shooting at around 6pm and when the tickets were getting written, the ducks were laid out in a "long line" for pictures and evidence purposes.

Not sure if its true yet but I will be watching the court reports closely to confirm and will post his name proudly here once its a part of public record. It probably won't stick since he will hire big lawyers to defend it but he'll have to know how close we came. Jackass.
waveslider
hunter

Postby hntndux » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:06 am

Know-one is that prominent!!! If they have that much evidence, it will cost him.. I love these stories, much rather see this than the honest guy getting harassed cause they can..
hntndux
hunter

Postby fetch21 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 pm

If it's true I hope the local press doesn't shy away from it due to the 'importance' of the person. There are far too many people who get away with this type of crap.
fetch21
hunter

Postby waveslider » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:47 pm

Well, if it becomes a matter of public record, then it can really hurt.... I just hope its true because this area has been plagued with waterfowl wildlife infractions for three years and it was presumed by many in the area that they were at the center of it.
waveslider
hunter

Postby waveslider » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Now if we can just get the idiots that are driving full speed into the middle of corn fields and then jumping out shooting at birds it will be a successful year of hunting on all fronts.

Yeah, we know your truck and we have the first 4 plate numbers. Jackass.
waveslider
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:27 pm

I guess I'm out of the loop. Who is this "prominent businessman?" I'd like to buy him a drink and them knee him in the groin. Please, give me a name so I can congratulate the douche in the manner he deserves. Pm me. Even if he (or them) elude the law, I'm still willing to "congratulate" him when the opportunity arises. That's what douche bags deserve, and I 'm willing to deliver.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting