Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby Tenner » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:56 am

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rais ... -residents

Read it and sign the petition if you want to keep our waterfowl hunting pristine and not have it turn into Utah hunting!
Tenner
hunter
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:23 pm


Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby goosepond » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:04 am

Tenner wrote:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/raised-fees-for-non-residents

Read it and sign the petition if you want to keep our waterfowl hunting pristine and not have it turn into Utah hunting!


It goes even further than this, read my post on the other thread, and if you want to try and stop your fields from being locked up with outfitting and guiding, sign this petition to pass on to the State Legislators soon.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/5620

You have to put where your from on here so it can be verified, or your name will be deleted, so please fill in everything that is required.

Thanks
goosepond
hunter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:21 am

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby jdinid » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:29 am

goosepond wrote:
Tenner wrote:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/raised-fees-for-non-residents

Read it and sign the petition if you want to keep our waterfowl hunting pristine and not have it turn into Utah hunting!


It goes even further than this, read my post on the other thread, and if you want to try and stop your fields from being locked up with outfitting and guiding, sign this petition to pass on to the State Legislators soon.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/5620

You have to put where your from on here so it can be verified, or your name will be deleted, so please fill in everything that is required.

Thanks


Done.
jdinid
hunter
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby hntndux » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:04 pm

Kinda pointless in my book..The guys your complaining about wont care anyway, or they can buy a piece of ground there and get a residence lic..
hntndux
hunter
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Northern, ca.

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby shotgunjim » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:21 am

Completely stupid in my book.

I don't want waterfowl outfitting in Idaho just as much as anyone else but how is raising NR fees going to stop that????? Seriously, I'd like for you to explain to me how that will accomplish that.

Probably the dumbest petition i've ever seen. If you think raising a NR small game license to $300 is going to bring in more money to idaho, then you're a complete moron.

WOW, As I write this you have 3 whole signatures on your little petition. That should give you some kind of clue what a joke it really is.
shotgunjim
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: SE Id.

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby Blackfoot Inc » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Food for thought???

Depending on how Idaho's Game Dept is funded either as a independent agency or under the state general fund needs to be understood? Why? Most landowner and outfitter agreements are funded by CASH which is seldom reported income which is costing your Game Dept or State revenue, lost revenue should/will get the attention of both Game Dept and State representives. This will bring unwanted attention to landowners and hopefully become more of a pain in the arse then it's worth.
Three more points that should be addressed 1). All landowner leases should be in contract and reported to both the State and Game Dept. mandatory. 2). Push to make all hunting lease payments subject to Capital Gains Tax. If either point is neglected they are subject to stiff penalties. 3). All Outfitters must pay an annual fee to register with the State. HIT THEM WHERE IT COUNT$$$$$$$

Farmers will soon find its not worth the trouble, or in order for it to be worth they're time and energy to lease these landowners would have to charge an exorbitant amount, which could price Outfitters out of the market.

Raising non-resident fees will have zero impact.
Blackfoot Inc
hunter
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby waveslider » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Blackfoot Inc wrote:Food for thought???

Depending on how Idaho's Game Dept is funded either as a independent agency or under the state general fund needs to be understood? Why? Most landowner and outfitter agreements are funded by CASH which is seldom reported income which is costing your Game Dept or State revenue, lost revenue should/will get the attention of both Game Dept and State representives. This will bring unwanted attention to landowners and hopefully become more of a pain in the arse then it's worth.
Three more points that should be addressed 1). All landowner leases should be in contract and reported to both the State and Game Dept. mandatory. 2). Push to make all hunting lease payments subject to Capital Gains Tax. If either point is neglected they are subject to stiff penalties. 3). All Outfitters must pay an annual fee to register with the State. HIT THEM WHERE IT COUNT$$$$$$$

Farmers will soon find its not worth the trouble, or in order for it to be worth they're time and energy to lease these landowners would have to charge an exorbitant amount, which could price Outfitters out of the market.

Raising non-resident fees will have zero impact.


Now we are talking about logic, reasoning, and well thought out arguments rather than "Whhaaaa I don't like it cuz it hurts MY hunting."

Good post.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby goosepond » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:34 am

One thing you do need to undertand is that the Outfitting and Guiding is not a function of the Idaho Fish and Game. That is totally controlled by the Idaho Outfitter and Guides Licensing Board so anything you put towards or movement towards Fish and Game wont work folks. And the more you push to do what Blackrock says, it will only lend support to the OGLB. F&G can only be funded through general fund pot or licensing or donations such as to the non-wildlife funds. :( Wish it could be done otherwise, but, it's not in the cards since IDG&G doesnt control or have any legal authority over the outfitting and guiding in this state.

The three points you make, two of the three already are required by the OGLB, points 1 and 3. As for #2, maybe it would work, but then again, as much as I am against outfitting and guiding, I am also a very strong proponet to allow the private land owner do what he wants with his private property, that includes leasing it out for hunting, and if he sees fit to do that, so be it. But, if he does the outfitting and guiding then yes it is illegal and cant be done and if so must follow whatever laws, rules, and regulations are in affect.
goosepond
hunter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:21 am

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby waveslider » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:44 am

For starters, that post by made by someone named Blackfoot (not Blackrock). Subtle but probably important.

I'm starting to see a trend here Goosepond and I think it might have a little to do with your ineffectiveness in garnering support for your cause.

You are NOT talking about solutions, only the problem. Yes, you are absolutely correct that IDFG has nothing to do with the Guiding and Outfitting decisions, but you completely lose sight of the fact that Blackfoot posts highlights some perfect reasons to argue against the movement towards Waterfowl outfitting........MONEY and Taxes.

You want to know what the NUMBER ONE FOCUS is of a Farmer right now (or rather 3 weeks ago)? Taxes.

You know as well as I do that most of the Lease payments made today by hunters leasing fields are made under the auspices of "Donations" or "For Services Rendered" or any number of tax avoidance type schemes. Outfitters do it today for other species, why would waterfowl be any different?

The point of his post is that these are all areas that offer pressure points to make arguments to landowners, politicians or just the general public to oppose this. Rather than take your apparent knowledge of the situation and refocus Blackfoots' suggestions, you simply talk them down or dismiss them out of hand as unimportant side-effects of this "foregone conclusion".

There are people on this very forum that are willing and able to provide support to "the cause" and you are NOT offering suggestions on how to help, you're only pointing out the obvious - that there is an issue.

Writing politicians is one aspect of this argument but how many farmers and landowners do we all collectively know on this forum? A sizable amount and if they understand the consequences of leasing to an outfitter, it just might have an impact. Handicap it before it starts.

So, I recommend taking Blackfoot's suggestions and mold them into the argument that works, and forget about the IDFG comments since it's not relevant anyway.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:00 am

Tenner wrote:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/raised-fees-for-non-residents

Read it and sign the petition if you want to keep our waterfowl hunting pristine and not have it turn into Utah hunting!

I'm in Utah. Could someone explain to me what is so wrong with our state's hunting or hunters? I recently talked to a buddy in Idaho and I guess a landowner asked if any of us that would hunt were fron Utah lol. I've heard that more than once.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby hntndux » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:05 am

I doubt any landowner/farmer would volunteer to pay the taxes on any "lease fee's" If they were forced to the fee would just go up to compensate? In Cali I have probably spent over 50k on rice blinds in the last 25 years and have NEVER even got a receipt for my money. Only one club I was in back in the day even handed out written permission cards for the hunters..Its all under the table im sure..
hntndux
hunter
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Northern, ca.

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby waveslider » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:07 am

JuniorPre 360 wrote:
Tenner wrote:http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/raised-fees-for-non-residents

Read it and sign the petition if you want to keep our waterfowl hunting pristine and not have it turn into Utah hunting!

I'm in Utah. Could someone explain to me what is so wrong with our state's hunting or hunters? I recently talked to a buddy in Idaho and I guess a landowner asked if any of us that would hunt were from Utah lol. I've heard that more than once.



Junior, I suspect you could get the gist of the argument by reading the entire post, but for the most part the argument is the same argument many of the fishermen make in Eastern Idaho about the Utards (their word, not mine) that come over to fly fish the various blue-ribbon streams and rivers:

They follow you around like a lost puppy and then get in your shorts while trying to fish/hunt. Rather than find their own place to hunt, they simply follow you around until you find it and then set up. Kinda like what the wigeon do to the coots.....Let the coot dive down and bring up the good food, then take it from them when they surface.

Most fishing guide friends of mine will not even give out their cell number to people that come to fish from Utah because all they do is call for information at all hours of the night and try to do exactly what the guide is doing. One guide friend actually had a client give his number to a non-client to call for information. I would say that doing what the fishing guides are doing is a great strategy for sure. Its all take and no give. That's why Utah folks get a bad rap in my neck of the woods.

Now, mind you, many of these locations are public places and Utah folks have just as much right as the next person to hunt or fish there, the argument is that they hunt/fish too close to you, run their boat up and down the river trying to find exactly where you are and then get in your pocket and ruin it for everyone. And then leave their crap and trash and everything else laying around for other people to clean up. Why? Because they don't have a vested interest in the resource I suppose. Would raising OOS fees change that? I don't know but it certainly wouldn't bother me if there was more money in the coffers as a result.

Another argument is that they buy up leases to all the good private hunting locations but that is a function of supply and demand so I can't necessarily knock that but I do think that the amount of spillover from Utah is significant enough that if we collected a bit more money it would help offset the over-use of the resource.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:04 pm

waveslider wrote:Now, mind you, many of these locations are public places and Utah folks have just as much right as the next person to hunt or fish there, the argument is that they hunt/fish too close to you, run their boat up and down the river trying to find exactly where you are and then get in your pocket and ruin it for everyone. And then leave their crap and trash and everything else laying around for other people to clean up. Why? Because they don't have a vested interest in the resource I suppose. Would raising OOS fees change that? I don't know but it certainly wouldn't bother me if there was more money in the coffers as a result.

Sure they are public areas and EVERYONE has the right to hunt them, but it doesn't mean they can act like a bunch of jack wagons. I asked what's wrong with "Utards" to see how similar your responses would be to what I've seen on my own private property and in the public marshes. It's a shame that these idiots ruin it for us all and now I'm considered a "Utard" because of the majority of jerk hunters that are not even one bit curtious to those around them or to land owners. I defend my own ethics, but I will never defend the actions of these circus performers in my state. I've been taught how to hunt and how to treat the land and other hunters since I was 8 years old. To me, it really is depressing and sad what I've seen the past 2 years. This entire week, I'm hiding out on my own private property to catch the guy that has been shooting up my stream and stealing my fox traps. I apologize for the Utah guys ruining what once was good. But keep in mind, there's about 40% of us that are good ethical hunters lol. :sad:
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
User avatar
JuniorPre 360
hunter
 
Posts: 2882
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Canal de Panama

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby goosepond » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:01 pm

waveslider wrote:For starters, that post by made by someone named Blackfoot (not Blackrock). Subtle but probably important.

I'm starting to see a trend here Goosepond and I think it might have a little to do with your ineffectiveness in garnering support for your cause.

You are NOT talking about solutions, only the problem. Yes, you are absolutely correct that IDFG has nothing to do with the Guiding and Outfitting decisions, but you completely lose sight of the fact that Blackfoot posts highlights some perfect reasons to argue against the movement towards Waterfowl outfitting........MONEY and Taxes.

You want to know what the NUMBER ONE FOCUS is of a Farmer right now (or rather 3 weeks ago)? Taxes.

You know as well as I do that most of the Lease payments made today by hunters leasing fields are made under the auspices of "Donations" or "For Services Rendered" or any number of tax avoidance type schemes. Outfitters do it today for other species, why would waterfowl be any different?

The point of his post is that these are all areas that offer pressure points to make arguments to landowners, politicians or just the general public to oppose this. Rather than take your apparent knowledge of the situation and refocus Blackfoots' suggestions, you simply talk them down or dismiss them out of hand as unimportant side-effects of this "foregone conclusion".

There are people on this very forum that are willing and able to provide support to "the cause" and you are NOT offering suggestions on how to help, you're only pointing out the obvious - that there is an issue.

Writing politicians is one aspect of this argument but how many farmers and landowners do we all collectively know on this forum? A sizable amount and if they understand the consequences of leasing to an outfitter, it just might have an impact. Handicap it before it starts.

So, I recommend taking Blackfoot's suggestions and mold them into the argument that works, and forget about the IDFG comments since it's not relevant anyway.


I think all I said was that 1 and 3 were already required and that #2 might work. I didnt bash him at all, was just making a clarification since F&G has no legal resolve under Idaho law to enforce anything to do with leasing, outfitting, guiding etc and nothing in their regulations will allow them to do it. I dont have a problem with what he was saying at all, just trying to clarify where the authority sits so everyone doesnt beat up on F&G when its an OGLB issue.

And so many suggestions and ideas where thrown around in the past during public forums and hearings and committee meetings that it is hard to relay and make them short and consise here. I would refer you to the OGLB and IWA websites for discussions on many of the items that were discussed to try to come to consensous. And it did include what was suggested here and for legal ramifications, some of those points cant be made possible without other State Agencies getting involved and then it was pointed out that it treads on private property rights and the legal begals said it would no way get into law because of the private property rights of individuals. Essentially a "taking" and it couldnt be done. But, I guess anything is possible if you have the money to get the Legislation for it done and fight the court battle to do it.

Again, I wasnt and am not bashing anyone with my post, just tried to make a few corrections of point.
goosepond
hunter
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:21 am

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby shotgunjim » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:59 pm

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=358370

How soon you guys have forgotten this gem of a thread. 2 pages of people complaining about unethical waterfowl hunters in Idaho and not one mention of NR's. Idaho residents getting in a gun fight over a blind. An Idaho resident shoots another Idaho residents dog. Give me a frecken break.

Yea I've had my fair share of problems with Utards but have had far more problems with my fellow Idaho residents. Do any of you guys hunt anywhere besides Idaho? Myself I hunt or fish as a NR in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada, Montana and North Dakota. So I'm not going to whine and cry about NR's like you guys. Any of you West siders hunt in Oregon? I hear them complaining about damn Idahoans all the time.

The one thing that I agree with you guys is the leasing thing. It's like a virus, once it gets a foot hold it's all over. Utards that come to Idaho to lease land can go straight to hell. Any Utard that has the money to lease has the money to buy a $300 license. Raising the cost of a license will do nothing to get rid of those A-holes who I think is the real threat to Idaho.

Waveslider, who are your fishing guide friends? I happen to know a lot of fishing guides myself. I have yet to hear any of them complain about the things you claim. I also have never noticed anyone following me around. I think that's all BS.

You ever been to Henrys lake on the opener? Just watch the people who are making repeated trips from the lake to their vehicle with their "2 fish limit". I have, nothing but Idaho plates.

You want to raise the price of a NR license to get rid of the riffraff, might as well raise the resident license too, to get rid of the resident riffraff.
shotgunjim
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: SE Id.

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby waveslider » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:44 pm

shotgunjim wrote:http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=358370

How soon you guys have forgotten this gem of a thread. 2 pages of people complaining about unethical waterfowl hunters in Idaho and not one mention of NR's. Idaho residents getting in a gun fight over a blind. An Idaho resident shoots another Idaho residents dog. Give me a frecken break.

Yea I've had my fair share of problems with Utards but have had far more problems with my fellow Idaho residents. Do any of you guys hunt anywhere besides Idaho? Myself I hunt or fish as a NR in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Nevada, Montana and North Dakota. So I'm not going to whine and cry about NR's like you guys. Any of you West siders hunt in Oregon? I hear them complaining about damn Idahoans all the time.

The one thing that I agree with you guys is the leasing thing. It's like a virus, once it gets a foot hold it's all over. Utards that come to Idaho to lease land can go straight to hell. Any Utard that has the money to lease has the money to buy a $300 license. Raising the cost of a license will do nothing to get rid of those A-holes who I think is the real threat to Idaho.

Waveslider, who are your fishing guide friends? I happen to know a lot of fishing guides myself. I have yet to hear any of them complain about the things you claim. I also have never noticed anyone following me around. I think that's all BS.

You ever been to Henrys lake on the opener? Just watch the people who are making repeated trips from the lake to their vehicle with their "2 fish limit". I have, nothing but Idaho plates.

You want to raise the price of a NR license to get rid of the riffraff, might as well raise the resident license too, to get rid of the resident riffraff.



Yeah, you're right. I made that up, you caught me. What was I thinking.

If you 're a fishing guide and people aren't following you around, what does that mean?
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby shotgunjim » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:13 am

When these Utards are following you around, do you hear voices in your head too?

Not saying it never happens but I can guarantee you it's not just Utards who are doing it.
shotgunjim
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: SE Id.

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby waveslider » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 am

Yeah, its probably people from Idaho that are driving vehicles with Utah plates just to disguise themselves.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby MountainGreenhead » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 pm

Thought I would throw my 2 cents in on this. -None of these comments are directed at any one person- Both threads regarding out of state hunters are getting pretty funny at this point. First touching on raising the out of state liscense fee to $300 is rediculous. At $90 for a nonresident small game, Idaho is about middle of the road price wise for the west. Montana being the cheapest at $50 plus habitat fees and Washington being the most expensive at $150 plus other fees. These are small game fees only because we are arguing about how out of state hunters take "our" waterfowl spots.

I have purchased a Utah nonresident small game liscense for the past three years at $65 a season (nice because it runs 364 days and can be used for spring snows). I do not make a weekly trip to Utah, but I can hunt with friends when invited. That is part of having open state borders and being a U.S. citizen, neat huh?

A large part of my friends grew up in Idaho and have since moved to Utah for school or work. They have all puchased nonresident small game liscenses each year since they left. Two of them purchased a lifetime liscence while still in Idaho, which I will do if i have have to move away. One of these guys has been up to hunt Idaho 3 times this season. We hunted public land that I scouted and killed ducks and geese that were MIGRATING through SE Idaho. This guy was born in Idaho and grew up in Idaho and some people would like him to pay $300 or more a season to hunt 3 times because "their" fields are being hunted by out of state hunters.

If fields being leased up is the biggest issue, then maybe it is time to jump on that bandwagon. Utah does not have money flowing from the ground or trees with hundred dollar bills on them. These guys are groups of hunters who like shooting birds just like us. Pool together with friends the money it costs for shells, snacks, and fuel of a hunt and lock up a field. Thats all that is happening. 6 guys putting their pennies together makes a lot of pennies and could make for a good hunting season. Unfortunately the days of knocking on a farmer's door the day prior to a hunt and getting permission are waning. I am not saying we should have to pay to play, but hunter/farmer relationships have to be built long before hunting season.

Guiding - I am absolutely against waterfowl guiding in Idaho. I hunt on 90% public land and do very well every season. I have had bad expiriences big game hunting with guides who think they own the mountain (federal land) and I dont want that to happen every week duck hunting. I know the OLGB says guiding will not be on public land, but they have not been real transparent up till now, have they? I dont trust them to be happy with any agreement that allows guiding.

There is a real difference between having a bad run in with an out of state hunter and being pissed because he beat you to the spot you wanted to hunt. I have invited strangers to hunt with me and had the same happen for me when we got to the same spot. We could do our sport a big favor by not flipping off the guy with Utah plates and getting pissed at him for hunting.
"No, there's no such thing as dedicated about it. You guys just like to kill stuff."
User avatar
MountainGreenhead
hunter
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:14 pm
Location: SE Idaho

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby shotgunjim » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Mountaingreenhead, thank you, I could not of said it better.

Some of you expert Idaho waterfowl hunters should go buy a NR Utah license and go show those Utards how it's done.
Any of you expert Idaho hunters ever shoot a Swan? Well you can shoot Swans in Utah and it's a hell of a lot of fun. Try it sometime and show those Utards how expert Idaho waterfowlers hunt Swans and before they raise the price of a NR license to $300. There's some pretty good Chukar spots down there too.

Waveslider,

Just so I'm clear on this following thing. I just want to get a good picture of what's happening, you know so I don't become a victim of this myself. So you're just driving along minding your own business going to a hunting spot, scouting, fishing or whatever. You pass some Utards parked along side the road who are parked there waiting for someone with Idaho plates to drive by so they can follow them to their hunting or fishing spot. You drive by and they pull out behind you and follow you around until you get to your hunting or fishing spot. Then they set their deks up or fish right next to you.
Is that about how it goes down?
Thanks for the heads up.
shotgunjim
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: SE Id.

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby waveslider » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:10 pm

shotgunjim wrote:Mountaingreenhead, thank you, I could not of said it better.

Some of you expert Idaho waterfowl hunters should go buy a NR Utah license and go show those Utards how it's done.
Any of you expert Idaho hunters ever shoot a Swan? Well you can shoot Swans in Utah and it's a hell of a lot of fun. Try it sometime and show those Utards how expert Idaho waterfowlers hunt Swans and before they raise the price of a NR license to $300. There's some pretty good Chukar spots down there too.

Waveslider,

Just so I'm clear on this following thing. I just want to get a good picture of what's happening, you know so I don't become a victim of this myself. So you're just driving along minding your own business going to a hunting spot, scouting, fishing or whatever. You pass some Utards parked along side the road who are parked there waiting for someone with Idaho plates to drive by so they can follow them to their hunting or fishing spot. You drive by and they pull out behind you and follow you around until you get to your hunting or fishing spot. Then they set their deks up or fish right next to you.
Is that about how it goes down?
Thanks for the heads up.



Shotgunjim,

I have a Utah license, and I spent considerable time there this year shooting limits of ducks every day so I took your advice long before you gave it. Not too keen on shooting swans, when they open a season on pelicans, let me know.

Your example is not too far off, but usually its easier at boat ramps. Yes, both fishing and hunting I have observed (and so have MANY, MANY guides on the east side) people launch a boat, sit and wait for someone/guide to come along and then follow them all day through a float, or to a duck location and then set up right next door.

I know you were essentially being a **** and trying to be facetious, but what's sad is that your "far fetched" example is virtually exactly what happens.

Honestly, I could give a crap whether you think the scenario is reasonable, someone asked the question about why people hate on the Utards and I gave some personal examples. Again, its a free country, they can do what they like, but I don't appreciate anyone setting up on me regardless of what state they claim. I also don't care if they follow me down the river and drift through the day as long as they don't squeeze me. But I assure you, it happens - regularly.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby shotgunjim » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Fair enough Wave.

So I ask you again, who are your guide buddies? I know just about all the guides at the Trouthunter and some at the HFA. Maybe we know some of the same people. Maybe we've even met?
shotgunjim
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: SE Id.

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby waveslider » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:09 pm

shotgunjim wrote:. Maybe we've even met?


Quite possibly.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby shotgunjim » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Yea whatever
shotgunjim
hunter
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:46 pm
Location: SE Id.

Re: Petition for Non Resident fee Increase.

Postby Slidellduckhunter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Interesting thing today...hunting on the Snake and there's a jet boat with a couple of guys downstream of me. They appeared to have gotten bored with their skybusting so they take a stroll around the river, pop off a couple of rounds, then motor by my location and of course poul'deau are flying everywhere (sorry, coots) and I hear the monumental observation by one in the boat, "Wow, these coots fly like ducks up here". After getting back to the boat ramp I noticed that 1 of the 2 trucks parked has Utah plates (and a trailer to fit that boat)...so I guess there are a few still lingering around.
Do you know why Cajuns don't hunt elephants? Because the decoys won't fit in their pirogues!
User avatar
Slidellduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 am
Location: Boise, Idaho


Return to Idaho Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: whiskerbiscuit and 4 guests