Places to hunt in Cda area

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Places to hunt in Cda area

Postby Take-em7 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:42 pm

Hey yall, I'm a young hunter (15) and am looking for a place to go hunting. Doesn't have to be your honey hole but just a place to shoot a few ducks. I know its late in the season but got my first duck call for Christmas and some old decoys as well. I have a little John boat with a little 3.5 horse on it so can travel on water ok. Any duck or goose just wanna go out and enjoy it while i have free time! Let me know anywhere would be helpful!!

Thank yall God bless! :smile:
"Since I was young i have always been interested in things that fly, something inside me just wanted to make them stop"
Take-em7
hunter

Re: Places to hunt in Cda area

Postby Solus » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:28 am

where is the cda area? sorry Im new to Idaho
Every day is a new adventure
Solus
hunter

Postby Take-em7 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:53 am

Coeur d Alene idaho, 30 miles from Spokane, northern idaho
"Since I was young i have always been interested in things that fly, something inside me just wanted to make them stop"
Take-em7
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:15 pm

it is a bit difficult this time of year to find somewhere to go this time of the year because most of the areas around cda are pretty much frozen over. there are a few areas, however with the cold and ice i really wouldnt recommend going alone this time of year
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Take-em7 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Ok I go with a good friend of mine all the time so most of the time never alone but are there any places to go? I know cougar bay in Cda is open just don't know many areas that are legal to hunt I see ducks and geese all over Blackwell island just don't know if I can hunt there.
Take-em7
hunter

Postby Abomb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 pm

You cannot hunt Blackwell area. Everything below Cedars is closed to hunting. BInos, food, a map and gas are your friend. That is how we all do it. I have hunted this area hard for 8 years and still give up a day of hunting just to scout new spots and find the best concentration of birds. Good luck man.
Abomb
hunter

Postby Take-em7 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:30 am

I appreciate the help, past couple days have been well, lots of geese out and duck too migrating back north.
Take-em7
hunter

Postby Abomb » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:46 am

What you are seeing are birds that are resting on lake CDA and the spokane river going north to feed in the fields around Rathdrum,Post Falls,Athol. They all eventually move back to the big water to rest. Rinse and repeat the next day.
Abomb
hunter

Postby Merganzer Commander » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:15 pm

Wolf Lodge, Cougar, Mica, north end of Hayden.....all have foot access and are good places to learn.

Good Luck
Merganzer Commander
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 am

Merganzer,

First, welcome to this forum.

Second, this thread has 594 views and only 8 posts. This illustrates the point that there are many eyes looking at this website / forum doing internet scouting without contributing to the community of this board. If you are inclined to give fairly specific information like you have done here I believe most that have been here a while prefer to do so by shooting the questioner a private message. We don't need spots burned any more than they are. They are public spots, yes...but those of us who burn gas and time scouting and finding spots hate to see them given up so easily to a legion of lurkers.

Again, welcome.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby Merganzer Commander » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Well, I am smart enough to know that......But I listed places everybody in the inland northwest know about....thousands of people drive by them every day

I must have given up one of your spots!

in other words, they are no secret.
Merganzer Commander
hunter

Postby Merganzer Commander » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:52 pm

PF hunter and Hayden hunter

Thanks for giving me all this knowledge.....like I have no clue....sorry the only places you hunt are off the freeway...

You guys can have your site...I don't have time for this crap...I am out!!!
Merganzer Commander
hunter

Postby waveslider » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:01 pm

Bye.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby HaydenHunter » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:46 am

Merganzer,

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has come on this site with a "where do I hunt post", who gets information and is never seen or heard from on this board again. I am not saying that the original poster falls in this category, but I stand by my statement that helping someone by PM instead of on an open thread does not compound the situation by giving easy information to other lazy lurkers that are simply internet scouting without posting. I think that anyone that is serious and successful waterfowl hunting in N Idaho has spent years accumulating knowledge of the many locations available to hunt here...not just ones visible from a roadway.

I spent 2.5 hours today plus probably $25 in gas scouting and no, I did not scout any of the spots you mention but I have in fact hunted them all at one time or another.
HaydenHunter
hunter

Postby tealdog » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:35 am

Merganzer Commander wrote:PF hunter and Hayden hunter

Thanks for giving me all this knowledge.....like I have no clue....sorry the only places you hunt are off the freeway...

You guys can have your site...I don't have time for this crap...I am out!!!

:hi: :crying:
tealdog
hunter

Postby getemducks » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:19 am

I'm from around the CDA area, Your best bet is to do a little scouting find the birds. If you are hunting spots blind you will have a tough time.
Mini Goose Decoys - Inventor
"Gets the Longnecks closer"

Foamy Log Blind@ Prostaff
""Why sport an Oak when you can float a LOG!"

Let's talk Duck Hunting.
getemducks
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting