Waterfowl Guiding **ATTENTION**

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Waterfowl Guiding **ATTENTION**

Postby sdkidaho » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:23 pm

I just received this from Bryce Cook and wanted you all to see it here:

Waterfowl and turkey hunters we need your help!

Please send an email to the Senate and House members of the resource committees opposing waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding in Idaho. The Senate and House hearings are starting up on what is left of the negotiated rule. We need help urging them to reject the rule and to take opinion against the Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board for allowing outfitting in policy 2027-2013 outside of the rulemaking process.

Email addresses to send to are:

======================

ldenney@house.idaho.gov; mgibbs@house.idaho.gov; jwood@house.idaho.gov; lbarrett@house.idaho.gov; mmoyle@house.idaho.gov; geskridge@house.idaho.gov; draybould@house.idaho.gov; kandrus@house.idaho.gov; pshepherd@house.idaho.gov; fwood@house.idaho.gov; jvanderwoude@house.idaho.gov; tgestrin@house.idaho.gov; smiller@house.idaho.gov; eanderson@house.idaho.gov; dpence@house.idaho.gov; merpelding@house.idaho.gov; irubel@house.idaho.gov; hres@house.idaho.gov; mpearce@senate.idaho.gov; sbair@senate.idaho.gov; dcameron@senate.idaho.gov; jsiddoway@senate.idaho.gov; bbrackett@senate.idaho.gov; lheider@senate.idaho.gov; jtippets@senate.idaho.gov; mstennett@senate.idaho.gov; rlacey@senate.idaho.gov; sres@senate.idaho.gov

Here is what I sent, please feel free to use as a reference or just send them a simple statement like, "I oppose IOGLB rule docket 25-0101-1201 and would like the legislature to take a position against IOGLB policy 2027-2013. Please do not allow waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding in Idaho"

Sample letter below:

==========================

Dear Senators and Representatives:

I am writing to you in opposition to the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board(IOGLB) proposed rule docket number 25-0101-1201. The original docket that came out in October 2012 was much more specific to waterfowl and turkey outfitting than the docket we are discussing today. The waterfowl and turkey sections were removed and passed in IOGLB policy 2027-2013.

My opposition comes with three primary concerns:

1. I feel that stakeholders were left out of the negotiated rulemaking process because the docket in 2012 was much more about waterfowl and turkey and the docket today is inclusive of all outfitted activities. The waterfowl and turkey section was taken out and passed in what the licensing board is calling “policy”. The original “Notice of Intent” and subsequent public hearings did not attract the correct stakeholders if it was the licensing board’s plan to pass something inclusive off all outfitted activities.

2. I believe that the sportsmen of Idaho were scammed or manipulated in this. We participated in the negotiated rulemaking process as well as the advisory group process to just have all of the work passed in policy 207-2013 and something else put forward in rulemaking. I do not believe policy 2027-2013 is valid and that it would stand up in court. I feel that both the sportsmen and the legislature are being cheated here. The sections that were removed from the rule docket and passed as “policy” should be a rule under IDAPA guidelines and require legislative approval.

3. I believe that some members of the licensing board did not act according to their role. One of the members is an IDFG commission representative and one is to represent the public. The IDFG commission official position on waterfowl and turkey outfitting is that they are not in favor of it, but the IDFG commission member seconded the motion to remove this from the rule and pass in policy. The public representative also voted in favor even though there is clear public opposition. Fifty pages of written comments were received with 68 unique contributors being against and five in favor. The public hearings were well over 10-1 in against.

I urge the legislature to reject rule docket 25-0101-1201 and also take opinion against IOGLB policy 2027-2013 as this policy was passed outside of the IDAPA process. There has been a longstanding moratorium on waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding in Idaho and the public supports this moratorium. Please help to make this moratorium permanent.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I used most of what Bryce had written and reworded some of it:

Dear Senators and Representatives:

Please review my concerns in regards to this issue:

I am writing to you in opposition to the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board(IOGLB) proposed rule docket number 25-0101-1201. The original docket that came out in October 2012 was much more specific to waterfowl and turkey outfitting than the docket we are discussing today. The waterfowl and turkey sections were removed and passed in IOGLB policy 2027-2013.

The sportsmen of our state were left out of the negotiated rulemaking process because the docket in 2012 was much more about waterfowl and turkey and the docket today is inclusive of all outfitted activities. The waterfowl and turkey section was taken out and passed in what the licensing board is calling “policy”. The original “Notice of Intent” and subsequent public hearings did not attract the correct stakeholders if it was the licensing board’s plan to pass something inclusive off all outfitted activities.

It is my opinion that the sportsmen of Idaho were mis"guided" with what was to be passed. Our participation in the negotiations for the rulemaking process as well as the advisory group process was not given due consideration as all of the work was passed in policy 207-2013 but yet something else was put forward in rulemaking. I do not believe policy 2027-2013 is valid and that it will stand up in court. The Sportsmen of Idaho and the Legislature are being mis"guided" by what has occurred in this process.

The sections that were removed from the rule docket and passed as “policy” should be a rule under IDAPA guidelines and require legislative approval. It is my opinion that the IOGLB are trying to get this to pass for their own benefit and NOT the benefit of the Sportsmen of Idaho.

It is my opinion that some members of the licensing board did not act according to their role. One of the members is an IDFG commission representative and one is to represent the public. The IDFG commission official position on waterfowl and turkey outfitting is that they are not in favor of it, but the IDFG commission member seconded the motion to remove this from the rule and pass in policy. How can that be? The public representative also voted in favor even though there is clear public opposition from the Sportsmen of Idaho. Isn't a representatives job to express the will of the people rather than the interests of a specific and or special interest group? Fifty pages of written comments were received with 68 unique contributors being against and five in favor. The public hearings were well over 10-1 with the majority being against. I think it is clear that the people do NOT want waterfowl and turkey guiding in Idaho.

I strongly urge the legislature to reject rule docket 25-0101-1201 and also take opinion against IOGLB policy 2027-2013 as this policy was passed outside of the IDAPA process. There has been a longstanding moratorium on waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding in Idaho and the public supports this moratorium.

Please help to make this moratorium permanent.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

***** ******** - Idaho Resident, Sportsman, Tax Payer and Voter

If you do not agree with guiding for waterfowl in Idaho, you need to speak up now. It only takes a moment to copy and paste the email addresses and copy a letter or word your own to these people. Please take the time to do that now before it is too late.

Thanks.
sdkidaho
hunter

Re: Waterfowl Guiding **ATTENTION**

Postby RedLegsId » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:10 pm

I sent my response today. I hope that the 150 people who have visited this post have sent in a response!

It is time for everyone to get involved with action !!! Please send in your response right away.

Geo Valentine
RedLegsId
hunter

Postby Idaho Mike » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:40 am

Sent It :thumbsup:
Idaho Mike
hunter

Postby waveslider » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:07 pm

For what its worth, here is the response from Dean Cameron. If you are to take a politician on his/her word (a difficult ask I know) then perhaps further letter-writing could have an impact.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Waveslider,

Thank you for your email on the proposed rule from Idaho Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board(IOGLB) proposed rule docket number 25-0101-1201. I really appreciate your support and input.

I wanted you to know first, that I received your email and second, that I will not be supporting the rule change for many of the reasons you and others have enumerated.

The rule has not yet been brought before the Senate Resources Committee. When it has I will try to let you know of the outcome or vote.

Please continue to express your thoughts and opinions to other members of the Senate and House of Representative, so that they will be supportive of defeating this rule.

Thanks again for you email. Let me know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Senator_Cameron's_Signature[1]

Senator Dean Cameron

Senate Finance Chair

Co- Chair Joint Finance Appropriations Committee

Idaho State Senate
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby sdkidaho » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:18 am

This looks promising:

Darby, thank you for your input. The Rule was withdrawn at the presentation.

Representative Steve Miller

Legislative District 26 Seat A

Blaine, Camas, Gooding, and Lincoln Counties
sdkidaho
hunter

Postby dukkhnter » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:33 am

All,
Thanks for the letters/emails! The IOGLB withdrew the rule yesterday at the House Resource and Conversation Committee hearing. This is a good thing, but remember this rule was just the remnants of the waterfowl and guiding negotiated rulemaking. They are still allowing waterfowl and turkey outfitting and guiding with "policy". We still need to urge our legislators to take action against IOGLB for policy 2027-2013. "Policy" does not require legislative approval, while "rule" does.

From Idaho Sportsmens Caucus Daily Legislative update: http://www.idahosportsmensconnection.co ... /index.php
The House Resources and Conservation Committee also met this afternoon. Docket No. 25-0101-1201 – Rules of the Outfitters and Guides Licensing Board was on the agenda today, but the rules were dropped due to controversy. Sportsmen objected to the rule because they felt like the rules that were put forth were not the same rules that were discussed during negotiated rulemaking. The Idaho Farm Bureau also objected to the rule because they believe farmers and ranchers shouldn’t be told what they can do on their land, and they oppose any kind of licensing or regulations for activates on their property.
dukkhnter
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting