Come on Idaho Fish and Game, do the right thing

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Come on Idaho Fish and Game, do the right thing

Postby waveslider » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:23 am

I don't know if any of you in SW Idaho have noticed, but there is a proud Antelope Buck who has found himself in the median/shoulder of Hwy 84 and has been there for over 3 weeks. Right next to the weigh station on the North/East side of the freeway.

He somehow got around/over the antelope fence and hasn't moved. We called Idaho DFG over 2 weeks ago and the thing is still there.

Does it really take that long to figure out what to do?

For gods's sake.......either:

Put a bullet it in.

or

Go down the row, cut a hole in the fence and let him walk through it. Good grief, close the highway if you have to. It would take all of about 15 minutes at the most.

Its really not that hard and the DFG receptionist saying "I know, we get multiple calls per day about it and we are still trying to figure out how to handle it" does nothing more than accentuate the rationale behind so many people taking action into their own hands

If you hear on the news about a "mysterious person cutting the fence near the weigh station on 84". Just go ahead and point them in my direction to save them the trouble of investigating. Perhaps they only act if there is a potential arrest in the offing?

If any of you are in the mood, perhaps additional calls mentioning the fact that its been over three weeks might get some action.

(208) 334-3700
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Re: Come on Idaho Fish and Game, do the right thing

Postby waveslider » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Update: I noticed that our boy was on the "right" side of the fence Monday morning and it looked like some tire tracks that might indicate that they drove up and cut a gap in the fence but not sure.

Hope someone has a tag for that area and gets to chase him around. He's not huge but definitely a shooter for that area.
waveslider
hunter

Postby blackrock » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Glad to hear "someone" helped him through the fence! I'll be looking for him on my next trip by.....
blackrock
hunter

Postby waveslider » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:46 am

Yes, and while I would have no problem admitting it, my tire tracks do not match the ones by the fence. I can hope that it was IDFG but as I said earlier, it wouldn't bother me if it were someone else.

He likes to hang out right near the Weigh Station sign coming in to Boise from the east side. I suspect he will be gathering up the herd soon....
waveslider
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting