How are the Anti's?

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

How are the Anti's?

Postby fixed blade » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Moving from out of state ive never really had any run ins with them. Seems like from what I've read, there are some radical wolf lovers there. I read about death threats to a couple that shot a wolf that was eating their horses and livestock. Have any of you had any problems while bird hunting, or big game hunting?

I read an article from a pro wolfer, that the deer and elk population as actually increased significantly, since the wolf was reintroduced. . Lol :clapping:
fixed blade
hunter

Re: How are the Anti's?

Postby blackrock » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:04 pm

You won't find many antis in Fairfield, but just north in Sun Valley and Ketchum you're buried in em. If you be respectful, obviously get permission to hunt on private land you'll be fine. Wolves have not increased our herds, they have significantly reduced them in some central Idaho units, in particular. Idaho has wolf hunting seasons now. Check your regs.
blackrock
hunter

Postby fixed blade » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Yeah, ive never been to Sun Valley, but I figured there would be a bunch. I was laughing at the article, I was curious as to what the author thought wolves ate? Haha
fixed blade
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:09 pm

fixed blade wrote:Yeah, ive never been to Sun Valley, but I figured there would be a bunch. I was laughing at the article, I was curious as to what the author thought wolves ate? Haha

Wait until they increase in large numbers, decimate the wild game before a balance has been achieved, and then comes the day that an event occurs at a rural school bus stop.
Presto! No more wolves!

Read up on the history of the role wolves played in the 'Black Death' of medieval Europe, and you'll soon see why wolves were so quickly eradicated by the white settlers everywhere they went.

'little Red Riding Hood' ? More than a grain of truth to that fairy tale. All the characters in that tale, played real life parts in truth!
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby jdinid » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Most of them populate the comment pages of the Idaho Statesman. Smile, nod and go on with your day.
jdinid
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting