Super Black Eagle Jamming.

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

Super Black Eagle Jamming.

Postby fixed blade » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:06 am

Hey folks. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and fixed it? I have one of the first SBE'S. This damn thing is really pissing me off lately. The shell is getting stuck on the way out. I believe is called stove piping? You will be my hero if you tell me you have a solution for this!
fixed blade
hunter

Re: Super Black Eagle Jamming.

Postby waveslider » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:37 am

The only thing that has worked for SOME of my friends with SBE1's is replacing the carrier latch and the mag spring.

Back in the day, sending it to Benelli was the kiss of death. Nowadays, sending it to Beretta seems to end with good results so you might do that soon to make sure you get it back in time for the season.
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Postby fixed blade » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks wave, I looked into it, and it looks like that has fixed several with my problem. I wonder how hard it is t to replace that latch?
fixed blade
hunter

Postby waveslider » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:47 am

Can't help you with that. I suspect Brownells and/or Midway has the parts, but you would need to find an exploded parts diagram to make the switch I suspect.

I can't work on em, I just shoot em.
waveslider
hunter

Postby archery1973 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:53 pm

I had same problem and sent it to Benelli.

It needed a modified ejector......which is very common.
archery1973
hunter

Postby fixed blade » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Did they charge you? Im taking mine to Sportsmen's warehouse, they're charging me $40 to send it in, does that sound right?
fixed blade
hunter

Postby waveslider » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Honestly, $40 doesn't sound too out of line. But there is really no need to do that since you can easily call beneili and they will tell you to send it in yourself. But Sportsman's probably has the right shipping supplies, etc so your $40 does buy you a little something.

Its a 90 minute drive for me to go give it to someone else so its just easier for me to send stuff myself.

Buy some duck ammo while you're there. Its getting pretty sparse already it seems. Man I wish they would cancel Duck Dynasty....
waveslider
hunter

Postby fixed blade » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:49 pm

I agree $40 to not hate my Benelli sounds pretty reasonable. Haha. Seriously, as of now I'd rather shoot my old crappy Mossberg.
fixed blade
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Three areas would cause the problem (besides ammo that is to lite).

1) recoil spring is damaged, worn, or rusted.

2 bolt doesn't have enough lube to freely move, maybe dirty?

3 ejector broken.

Couple of questions for you:

Is the shell fully leaving the barrel but not fully exiting the chamber?

How far back is the bolt coming (1/2, 3/4 of the way back to the rear?)

Does it do it with different brands of ammo or just one?

Is the action butter smooth when you cycle it (unloaded)?

The more you describe the better I might be able to give you advice. But, the three suggestions are what I have seen others have when they act up.

I have heard that benelli service is very good. My friend sent in his H&K a few year ago. They replaced 6 parts that he didn't even know were broke. Never charged him a dime. I just called them a month ago and they over nighted me a recoil spring, nut that hold it in the recoil tube and a few other parts for free.

You can PM me if you like.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting