Muck Boot Company - HSUS Donation

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, casey_714, jjohnson_714

Muck Boot Company - HSUS Donation

Postby waveslider » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Not sure if anyone on here got informed on this, but the Muck Boot Company posted on their website how proud they were that they just made a $2,000 donation to the Humane Society of the US.

For those not familiar with HSUS, they are the sick, evil, twisted well-funded sibling to PETA. They do more to harm to hunting, ranching and pet ownership than any single organization.

Clearly, Muck Boots is out of touch with their customer-base and their Facebook page was altered due to the overwhelming negative comments regarding the donation.

In an even more staggering show of corporate ignorance, the picture they posted next to the comment about the donation, was of all camo muck boots.

I suspect they might want to cancel the outstanding production runs on those camo boots.

There are still some lingering comments from other posts but here is a pic of the original post.

https://www.facebook.com/MuckBoot/photo ... =3&theater
Attachments
full-19157-227704-muck_boots.png
Internet Scouting Pro Staff
waveslider
hunter

Re: Muck Boot Company - HSUS Donation

Postby woodduck31 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:29 pm

just saw a rolling add at the top of the chat page advertising muck boots for bass pro.
woodduck31
hunter

Postby blackrock » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Very interesting, bad move on their part. My bud has a pair that his grandma got him, but we sure won't be buying any now. Too bad, he really likes them for hunting and moving pipe. The only animal group like that I support is my old t shirt with the "PETA- People for the Eating of Tasty Animals" logo!
blackrock
hunter

Postby waveslider » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:38 am

Update: They posted a fairly weak sauce response (IMO)

"We would like to respond to our loyal customers and provide additional information about recent posts on social media regarding a monetary donation to a local animal care organization. Our post inaccurately stated that a donation was made to The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). Moreover, the post itself was inappropriate under the circumstances.

Family members of an employee who recently passed away requested that, in lieu of flowers, co-workers donate funds to the Humane Association of Northwestern Rhode Island, a local association founded in 1978 to solve community issues primarily related to stray cats. They are not affiliated with HSUS as the posts incorrectly stated.

The money is not a corporate donation, but a collection of personal contributions from employees with the intent of remembering a beloved co-worker. While our intentions were good, the use of corporate social channels under these circumstances was inappropriate.

Muck Boots has a heritage of respect for the outdoors and for nature. We apologize for the anger and confusion the posts have caused and have removed them from our social channels."

Yeah, that's quite a lot of confusion! Especially since they posted a LINK to the HSUS website on the original post. And it took 24-48 hours to dream up that response? I don't think I'm coming along on this one. Muck had 48 hours to decide which client base they wanted most and the fashion-oriented group won. Hunters/Outdoorsmen/Rancher/Dairy lost.
waveslider
hunter

Postby waveslider » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Update: The charity that they supposedly made the donation to did not receive the money and posted on their website that they hadn't.

Which is worse, the lie or the cover-up?
waveslider
hunter

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting