Duck Hunting Forum banner

dumped piles of un cleaned mallards. shame shame shame

667 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  drakz 
#1 ·
So a few months ago I was out scouting and went to check on a corn field and noticed a dead bird near the road so I figured it was a cripple that bit the dust, so I went and checked it out and found a pile of mallards in a little dip. Shame Shame Shame. Just the other day while working I pulled out of a subdivision in kuna that was right next to some fields and found the same damn thing, a pile of green heads left or dumped by someone that lived in the sub division. If you dont eat them don't shoot them or give them to someone that does, rather than feeding the damn mag pies. End rant

#2 ·
Let your local warden know. He may be able to catch them if they chase snows or keep an eye next year

sent from jail

#3 ·
Well I got to thinking. I'm not sure if its even a violation. Only thing I've ever read is you simply have to make a reasonable effort to retrieve them. Dont recall any rules what you do with them there after.
I mean if a guy had things come up and doesnt have time and the birds spoiled its one thing, but throw them in the trash, not where people can find them. Some people have no common sense. I believe the ones I found 2 days ago were from somebody who lives in that sub.

#5 ·
Technically the waterfowl regs don't contain the same clear description as the big game regs when it comes to "waste of game". That's unfortunate because they certainly should. Waterfowl regs do contain a Wanton Waste section but it only talks about possession, not about ultimately using the meat.

I'd agree with the prior suggestion of reporting this to F&G. Would be interesting to hear their take on this, and I'd be shocked if they said it was not considered a violation.

#6 ·
That makes me sick, I know alot of people that do not have the time to eat every bird they shoot, but the Chinese places around here gladly accept any ducks and geese you can supply to them. Its not hard to find a place to take birds where people will use them.

#7 ·
it is illegal and there are a few prominent duck hunters in our area that have been pinched for throwing away whole birds in their trash. I also have to wonder though, could the birds have been breasted out and not necessarily just tossed out whole. Aside from that, just dumping the birds somewhere other than in the trash after they are cleaned is not a great public relations move even if they were breasted out. We, as hunters, have to behave better than that.

#9 ·
I walked over there and kicked one over. They werent cleaned. The thing is these are visavle to every one that pulls into that sub division cleaned or not. Then the mag pies tear them apart. Its a bad sight to see and anyone that sees them. It puts a bad name to hunters. I sent an email to fish and game a few days ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.