opener

A place to share Idaho bird hunting knowledge and discuss Idaho hunting tactics.

Moderators: donell67, jjohnson_714, casey_714

opener

Postby duckbum13 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:51 pm

you boys best be pumped about the opener i cant sleep adn i have 3 more hours till the alarm goes off..... post up later on how you did
might as well start callin me the pit man
duckbum13
hunter

Opener

Postby Twisted Feathers » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:12 pm

Went out to fort boise. I got there at 4:45 I thought that my spot that I had found would be taken if I did not. Got there and hung out for an hour or so. Did not even hear any other people. Decided it was time to put the dekes in and found out that the pond I scouted was a lot deeper then it looked. I could only wade out into it about 10 feet, I am 6'6 too so I could get in deeper then most. The shooting started about 10 minutes early .... just could not wait I guess. I did wait the last ten minutes before the shooting really started there was a bunch of turkeys calling and gobbeling etc. It was really cool from someone who had never heard a wild turky it made my hunt I think. First ducks that flew by I got a nice head shot on, it was a big hen mallard. That was kind of a bummer knowing that I could only shoot one I had to be carful with other ducks that size and in the low light conditions I let a lot of ducks go that I could have shot but wanted to be carful to not hit another hen mallard. I even had another hen land with the dekes. I ended up with two blue wing teal one green and the hen mallard. I was only there for just over an hour. I had a great time it was nice to be back in the marsh
Twisted Feathers
hunter

Postby duckbum13 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:27 pm

i went on the snake ended up with 2 hens adn 3 drakes ...good start to the season thats 12 so far including the opener

might as well start callin me the pit man
duckbum13
hunter

Postby donell67 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:13 pm

heres what we got.
my dad got the bull can.
[siteimg]1165[/siteimg]
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Public Land

Postby recker » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:22 pm

what is the public land situation in idaho? I was curious as to if it would be easy or not to make a trip to duck hunt.
recker
hunter

Postby donell67 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:46 pm

lots of public water to hunt. theres no waiting in line for draws or anything like that. some places get crowded, but alot of places are not.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Idaho Duck Hunting