Central Illinois Opening Day! 10-29-05

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Central Illinois Opening Day! 10-29-05

Postby gray_foxx » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:19 pm

I dont know about the rest of you duck hunters, but I am finding it hard to sleep...opening day is only 6 days away...10-29-05. I have the gun ready and the calls dialed in. I am going to be hunting on state ground..and going to get lots of pass shots at wood ducks, and hopefully trick a few mallards. Was wondering how the report was looking around your area? We are loaded with woodies and have a few mallards and bwt. Good luck in the opener!
Duck hunting is not a sport, it is a life style...one that I live. Without duck hunting I am incomplete.
gray_foxx
hunter

Postby likesbigspreads » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:30 pm

Sunday A.M. in Pekin I saw a pretty big bunch of cacklers coming in form the north. I just had a call form a buddy driving by MSD and saw alot of geese in the fields there and they all just showed up also. Clear Lake is full of teal, gads, and a whole bunch of geese. I have my boat loaded with decoys pointed right at the blind. Going to take Friday afternoon off and get everything ready down there.... looking forward to it like I was 10 again. :mrgreen:
likesbigspreads
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:00 pm

Man this is makin me sick! First it was the northern zone and now you central boys are ready to roll! When is it goin to be my turn??? Oh yeah, in over a freakin month!!! The head line will read, "Man found curled up in duck decoys, tear streaks found down his cheeks" LOL Oh well I've still got a ways to go on the blind and a few things that need tweeking.
Good luck to you central boys and leave a few for us.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting