Season good so far in West Central Il near the Miss River!

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

Season good so far in West Central Il near the Miss River!

Postby WestCenILLDuckHunter » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 am

Went Saturday got 3 Marllard Drakes, 2 Blue Wing Teal, and 1 Canada Goose. Went Monday got a pair of Marllards Drake and Hen and 1 Galdwall and had several groups of geese work but no takers I am not a sky buster. Went this Morning for a short hunt and got 1 wooduck and 1 Galdwall. Had some Marllards work but did not like the decoys not moving I needed wind. I am going to go again Thursday I hope but sounds like I may need sun tan lotion! I know the refuge that is not far at all from my hunting spot is getting full of Marllards and Pintail and all kinds of other ducks and gots of geese. But no divers yet! So far this season is a heck of alot better than last year!
WestCenILLDuckHunter
hunter

Postby WestCenILLDuckHunter » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:41 am

Thursday Morning 1 wooduck. Seen lots of ducks. Two two nice group of Mallards give me a look and I spooked off a Mallard Drake coming in early when I was setting my robotduck out.
WestCenILLDuckHunter
hunter

Postby GreenHead42 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:30 pm

Where is Niota Illinois, what pool on the mississippi river are you hunting
GreenHead42
hunter

Miss River Pool 19 / Lake Cooper

Postby WestCenILLDuckHunter » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:33 pm

Went Saturday 11-05-2005 Got 2 Mallard Drakes, 1 Galdwall, 1 Shoveler.
Going again on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Mississippi River Pool 19 / Lake Cooper they call it!
Niota IL, is across the river from Fort Madison, Iowa or north of Keokuk, Iowa about 15 to 20 miles. I hunt around Nauvoo, IL close to the big Refuge there at Nauvoo, IL. Hope this helps or about 1 1/2 hours north of Quincy IL.
WestCenILLDuckHunter
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting