pyramid state park

Learn and share Illinois river duck hunting with other duck hunters. Have fun and tell your best hunting jokes about Illinois.

Moderators: lostpup, MM, SPatrick, Illinois-Ducker, huntall6

pyramid state park

Postby wspiller » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:10 pm

Anyone hunt pyramid state park, or have any info on it?
wspiller
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:28 am

Haven't hunted it but know some guys that do or have. If they do it like I have heard they are going to. I have heard that eventually they are going build blinds on each of the holes.
As it is right now, as I understand it, the drawing is like any other drawing area in the state. Once you draw you head to your hole, if the water is deep enough you'll need a boat then you have to drag it out there, unless there happens to be a road that runs close to some part of the hole. There are a ton of areas you can walk into. That may be different now since we haven't had much water this year. The key is scouting. Drive around see where the birds are mark it on a map. If it's one of the drawing areas hope for the best or try to find an open area that is near enough to maybe take advantage of the flight. If it is an open area then get there and hope no one else beats ya.
Like I said I have never hunted there, only talked to people who have. There may be someone that can correct me on some of this, but this is how it is to the best of my knowledge.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby thebiggrfigr » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:19 pm

Pyramid Park is a joke. There are only a few stakes that kill birds, and there are not that many birds there. With that said it is getting better but Id rather go play buck buck with the boys and Rend and watch them sky bust. :thumbsdown:
thebiggrfigr
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:46 pm

Most duck hunting in Southern Illinois is a joke. Every public spot gets pounded and there really aren't ever that many ducks there to begin with. That being said, I'll be out there with everyone else come Thanksgiving!!!
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby wtrfwlr » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:04 am

Ya gotta know were to go, although i totally agree public hunting around here is a HUGE joke. All those retards go and bust the roost opening weekend, they camp out on the docks for two weeks just to make sure they ar ethe first on the water opening morning. They can have that crap, to play it safe you should draw, at rend aways, that way you are guarenteed to be at least 200 yards away from another hunter. But good hunting and the most important thing is have fun and be safe, kill birds is the icing.
wtrfwlr
hunter

Return to Illinois Duck Hunting